Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Meet Chris


This sheep had gone astray and lived in the wild for about seven years. Some of the locals, in Australia, knew that if he was left unattended for much longer, he would go blind and die. Only GOD knows how he stayed alive all those years, by himself.  They are not creatures that are equipped to protect themselves against predators. 

When Chris was caught and brought in, he was very frightened and did not want to be with or touched by anybody.  The shearers found it necessary to sedate him, in order to help him.  It took four men to do the job in about 45 minutes.  It was necessary for them to shear in two layers to do the job well.  The wool weighed in at about 80 lbs., and I believe it set a record.

This is Chris Before



 This is Chris After


Chris was weighed down, carrying the burden of that wool.
Donkeys are burden bearers, not sheep.  I've never seen a sheep or a heard of sheep loaded down to the hilt to carry things, anything, but I have seen donkeys and horses carrying loads on their backs.

If Chris had been with his shepherd, he would have been well taken care of, protected from the elements and predators AND sheared on a regular basis.

This brings to mind -
Psalm 119:176 - I have gone astray like a lost sheep;
Seek Your servant,
For I do not forget Your commandments.

Isaiah 53:6  -  All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way

 Recently, at our fellowship, the Lord spoke with us and said:
You tell My people they need to be sheared.  They have got to get sheared or they cannot get cleaned up.

You know, every one of us think that we have a better idea than God.  That's why we take things on in our lives that we're ill equipped for, instead of giving them to Him.  Before we know it, because we have not been quick to defer to the Lord, or GIVE to Him what ONLY He can take care of, we will find ourselves burdened down, and we are not "burden carriers."

I would like you, to invite the Lord to shear you.  Just plain and simple.  Ask Him to HELP you because you need Him.  Then watch what He will do for you.  We are, after all, the sheep of His pasture.

 Know that the LORD, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Psalm 100:3


The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.
Psalm 23 

THIS IS A PSALM FOR THE LIVING 

 



No comments: