Thursday, January 8, 2009

Looking at the Year 2009



One of the things that our intercessory prayer group was directed in doing was to get our 2009 calendar and anoint it with oil going thorugh touching every day of every month of the year and pray over it for our families lives, protection, direction, provision, healing and whatever the Spirit of God directed us to pray for us over the coming year.

Only God knows what lays ahead of us, and we all know that we are in perilous times, aren't we? But GOD is our defender, our ALMIGHTY GOD, our meeter of every need that we may have spirit, soul or body. I thank God that He's to be trusted and can swallow up every trap that is laid in front of us from hell. THANK GOD!!!

It was not just an exercise, but it was a committing ourselves, our families, our substance, our protection into the care and protection of the Lord, for the upcoming year.

Since we've done this, daily, my heart has reflected upon it and I thank God that we do not call out to Him in vain. That He hears and answers prayer and dedication and the cry of our hearts for His help.

Father, thank You for HELPING US to call out to You. Thank You for Your faithfulness to us and that You not only hear the cry of our hearts but You run swiftly to those who are trusting You. Your eyes go to and fro through out the whole earth looking for those that are loyal to You, to show Yourself strong on their behalf. Thank You for HELPING US for placing Your Word FIRST in our lives, Father, in Jesus' Name.

2 comments:

Sarah Bella's said...

This is good, miss Sharon. I am going to pray over my calendar. God has already blessed us so much, but I am still praying for Dustin to get a good paying job so that I don't have to leave my babies (even it is very little time) to work. Praise God... you always have good things to say. Love you, Sarah

Sharon said...

Sarah, I think God always has a good idea! :) I Love YOU Sarah!