Sunday, August 31, 2008
There is the WAY that our feet should be traveling. Upon the paths of God's choosing, not our own. Speak to your feet and say, "Feet, you will be led in the paths of righteousness." Say to them, "Feet, you will be led by God's Spirit." "Feet, you will be upon the highway of holiness, and be led out of the snares laid for you by satan, so I will not be wasted, in Jesus' Name."
Proverbs 4:26 instructs us:
Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.
Proverbs 3:5,6 tells us:
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Father, I ask You that You HELP US to choose the paths YOU have for us. HELP US to ponder the paths of our feet and not look to the right nor to the left and remain on the paths You have designed for us. When we do this, Lord, it will SAVE US a world of hurt. Help us to remain obedient to you, in Jesus' Name.
Friday, August 29, 2008
James 1:22 & 26,
v22 "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves
v25--- But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
v26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain".
If you are not a doer of the Word, no one has to deceive you, you deceive your own self. If you don’t bridle your tongue you will deceive your heart. You will sow the wrong words, and that is the harvest you will reap. The seed you sow will produce after its kind. Many people wonder why things turn out the way they do. It is because their tongue deceived their heart, and the heart brings forth fruit of itself. (Mk 4:26-29)
Notice that James called God’s Word the Perfect Law of Liberty and said a doer of that word would be blessed in what he does. Jesus reveals why the Word is called the Perfect Law in Matthew 12:35, "A good man out of the good deposit, or good treasure, of his heart bringeth forth good things". Who brings it forth? The good man from the good deposit of his heart. It is the perfect law of liberty because you are the one that makes the choice of what you produce.
What you deposit in your heart is what will come forth. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. What’s abundantly in your heart will always get in your mouth. Then what’s abundantly in your mouth will also get in your heart. You get it in your heart by saying it with your mouth. Paul tells us in Romans 10:8, "the righteousness which of faith says the word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart". Notice it’s in your mouth first, then in your heart.
Jesus confirmed this in Luke 17:5-6. When the apostles asked Him to increase their faith, He said, "if ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed ye might say unto this sycamine tree, be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you". He didn’t say a thing about giving them more faith. But He told them how to plant faith.
Isn’t it amazing how the teachings throughout the scriptures come together with the same truth? You plant the Word, the seed of faith, by saying it. If you had faith as a seed, you would say. But so many people don’t have faith as a seed. They say, "I wouldn’t say that. It might not happen". It probably won’t because they don’t have faith as a seed. You have to plant a seed if you expect to reap a harvest. Even so, you have to release your faith in words.
Planting Produces Image of Harvest
(Mark 4:26-29) "And He said, so is the kingdom of God, as if a man would cast seed into the ground; and should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear. But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come". The earth brings forth fruit of herself. The heart of man will bring forth the fruit. It will lead you to the very thing you’re saying or it will lead you to the information you need to be in the right place at the right time for the promise to be manifest in your life. It will lead you to that situation.
It may lead you across five states to cause what you’re saying to come to pass—good, bad, or indifferent. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things. An evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
James says if you seem to be religious and don’t bridle your tongue, you deceive your own heart and your religion is in vain. What you believe may be in vain unless you keep your mouth in line with it.
God’s Word Reflects What and Who You Are
(James 1:23) "For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass". The glass to which James was referring is the Word of God. The Bible refers several times to the Word as a glass or mirror. The natural face alludes to what you inherited. You look into this Word and see what God said about you. You say, "Look what I’ve inherited". You see that you are a joint-heir with Jesus. You think, "Glory to God"! But you may go out and face the circumstances of life and forget what manner of man you are unless you make a decision to act on what the Word of God says about you.
Let’s look at the anointed prayer that Paul prayed in Ephesians 1:15-23—"Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, (God considers us His Inheritance), And what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power. Which He wrought in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead, and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places. Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all".
It would have been great if Paul had just stopped there, but he didn’t. He went on in Ephesians 2:1,2,5 to say: "And you hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)".
Here Paul tells us by inspiration of the Holy Spirit God that God sees us made alive together with Christ. He doesn’t see the body and the head separated. This is one of the great truths of the Scriptures. God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are in you, as Jesus stated in John 14;23 "If any man loves Me, he will keep My words, and My Father will love him and he will come unto Him and make our abode with him".
If we love God and keep His Word this creates a life-style compatible with the fullness of the Godhead. Once that happens, you can hardly tell where you quit and the Holy Ghost begins, or where God quits and Jesus begins. This is one of the mysteries Jesus spoke of when He said, "I in them, and Thou in me, that they may be perfect in one".
Paul continues in Ephesians 2:5,6 "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus". As far as God is concerned we were crucified with Christ. The penalty for sin had to be paid, for all had sinned. Paul said, "I thus judge, if Christ died for all, then are all dead". (II Cor.5:14) As far as God is concerned, you as a believer have already died in the person of Christ.
You have also been made alive and raised up and made to sit together with Him in heavenly places. "That in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast". (Ephesians 2:7-9)
We’re not physically in heaven right now, and Jesus is not physically here on earth. Yet Jesus has ascended to the Father and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He is making intercession for us. But God sees us in Him even now while He is in heaven.
Above Principalities and Powers
Jesus has been raised up far above all principality, power, might, and dominion. He is seated above all powers, and we have been raised up together and made to sit with Him, in spiritual likeness and authority. Jesus is in heaven and spiritually we are in Him. The only physical body Jesus has on the earth today is the Church- the Body of Christ.
If God is going to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons, He will do it through you and me as the Body of Christ anointed with the Holy Ghost. Your body gives you authority on this planet. Jesus is the Head of the Church, and we’re the Body. He is seated at the right hand of the Father until His enemies are made His footstool. God sees us as the physical Body of Christ, the one that will do the work in the earth until Jesus descends from the right hand of the Father.
As far as God is concerned, He sees us exalted and seated at His right hand in spiritual power and authority, with the Head (Jesus). He sees Jesus here on earth in every one of us, so we can exercise authority as the Body of Christ today.
Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them".
God doesn’t create unworthy workmanship when we are born again. We are created in His likeness.
Ephesians 2:18-19 "For through Him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God". We’re fellow citizens with the saints in heaven. As far as God is concerned, we’re already there, seated with Him in power and authority. God doesn’t see us as a stranger or as pilgrims, but as a fellow citizen and a member of His household.
Ephesians 3:14-15 "For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named".
You will notice that Paul didn’t say there was one family on earth and one family in heaven. He said the whole family in heaven and in earth. God sees us all as one family now.
If you don’t bridle your tongue—you will deceive your heart.
What you deposit in your heart is what will come forth.
Jesus is in heaven and spiritually we are in Him.
This article was authored by Charles Capps and was retrieved from:
Father, I thank You that You HELP US to be doers of Your Word, so that we do not deceive ourselves...and that we live and move and have our being IN YOU, in Jesus' Name.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
In Smith Wigglesworth Devotional on this day I've read:
You Have An Anointing
I John 2:20
But you have an anointing form the Holy One
Scripture reading: I John 2:15-29
Another of the roles of the Holy Spirit that is necessary for today we find in John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Jesus said something very similar in a later chapter: "He will take of what is Mine and declare (reveal) it to you" (John 16:14). Everything that has been revealed to you was first taken. So, first, the Holy Spirit takes of what is Christ's and reveals it to you. Then you come to the place where you need another touch. What is it? In the necessity of your ministry, He will bring to your remembrance everything that you need in your ministry. That is an important thing for preachers. God will give us His Word, and if there is anything special we need, He will bring that to our memories, too. The Holy Spirit comes to bring the Word to our memories, too. The Holy Spirit comes to bring the Word to our remembrance.
I will throw this word out to you as a help for future reflection" "You shall receive power" (Acts 1:8). Oh, may God grant that we will not forget it!
What do I mean by that? Many people, instead of standing on the rock-solid word of faith and believing that they have received the baptism with its anointing and power, say, "Oh, if I could only feel that I have received it!"
Very often, your feelings are a place of discouragement. You have to get away from relying on human feelings or desires. Earthly desires are not God's desires. All thoughts of holiness, all thoughts of purity, all thoughts of power from the Holy Spirit are from above. Human thoughts are like clouds that belong to the earth. "God's thoughts are not our thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8)
Thought for today: Your feelings rob you of your greatest place of anointing.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
In the book John G. Lake His Life, His Sermons, His Boldness of Faith, there's a chapter with a sermon entitled, "Have Christians A Right To Pray 'If It Be Thy Will' Concerning Sickness?"
Today I wish to bring a few excerpts from it.
1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Beloved, if there is one thing in the world I wish I could do for the people of Spokane, it would be to teach them to pray. Not teach them to say prayers, but teach them to pray. There is a mighty lot of difference saying prayers and praying. "The prayer of FAITH shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him: (James 5:15)
The prayuer of faith has power in it. The prayer of faith has trust in it. The prayer of faith has healing in it for the soul and body. The disciples wanted to know how to pray real prayers, and Jesus said unto them. "When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven....They will be done" (Luke 11:2)
Everybody stops there, and they resign their intelligence at that point to the unknown God. When you approach people and say to them, "You have missed the spirit of prayer,: they look at you in amazement. But, beloved, it is a fact I want to show to you this afternoon asw it is written in the Word of God. It does not say, "If it be they will" and stop there. There is a comma there, not a period. The prayer is this, "They will be done, as in heaven, so in earth" (Luke 11:2) That is a might different, is it not? Not "Thy will be done. Let calamity come. Let my children be stricken with fever, or my son go to the insane asylum or my daughter go to the home of the feeble minded." That is not what Jesus was teaching the people to pray, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."
How is the will of God done in heaven? For a little time I want to direct your thoughts with mine heavenward. We step over there and we look all about the city. We note its beauty and grandeur. We see the Lamb of God. We do not observe a single drunken man on the golden streets; not a single man on crutches; not a woman smelling of sin.
A man came in the other day and was telling me what an ardent Christian heis. But after he left. I said, "Lift the windows and let the balance of the man out." Men ought to smell like they pray. We defile ourselves with many things.
A dear man came to me the other day in great distress. He said his eyes were going blind. The physician told him he had only a year of sight, perhaps less. As I endeavored to comfort him and turn his face toward God, I reverently put my hands on his eyes and asked God for Christ's sake to heal him, and as I did so the Spirit of God kept speaking to my oul and aying "Amaurosis."
I said, "What is amaurosis?" As soon as I could get to a dictionary, I looked up the word to see what it is. It is a disease of the eyes, caused by the use of nicotine. That was what was the matter with the man. The Spirit of the Lord was trying to tell me, but I was too dull; I did not understand. I do not know what the man's name is, but the other day God sent him back to my office. As we sat together I related the incident to him and said, "My brother, when you quit poisoning yourself, the probability is that you may not need any healing from God."
We defile ourselves in various ways: we go on defiling ourselves; and some people are able to stand the defilement a long time and throw it off. Others are not able to . It poisons their system and destroys their faculties. One man may drink whiskey and live to be an old man. Another may go to wreck in a few months or years. Some systems will throw off much; others will not.
Now, when we got to the beautiful City, we did not find any of these conditions and so we said, "Angel, what is the reason you do not have any sin up here?
"Why the reason we do not have any sin here is because THE WILL OF GOD IS BEING DONE."
I have been used to looking for the sick, and if I see a man with a lame leg or a woman with a blind eye, I will see that a way down the street. I have mingled with the sick all my life. So I look around up there, and I do not see anybody on crutches, or anybody that is lame, no cnacers or consumption, or any sickness at all. So I say to my guide, "Angel, tell me what the reason is that you do not have any sickness up here?"
The Angel replies, "THE WILL OF GOD IS BEING DONE HERE." No sin where the will of God is being done. No sickness where the will of God is being done.
Then I return to the earth, and I can pray the prayer with a new understanding. "Thy will be done in me on earth as thy will is done in heaven." Just as the will of God is done there, so let the will of God be done here. Let the will of God be done in me. "Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth."
But someone says, "Brother, do you not remember in Matthew 8 how a leper came to Jesus one day and said to Him, "Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean?" (Matthew 8:2).
The leper said, when he prayed, "If it be thy will," why should I not say that too? Well, he was ignorant of what the will of Christ was concerning sickness. Perhaps he had been up on the mountainside and had heard Jesus preach that wonderful sermon on the mount, for it was at its close that he came to Jesus and said, "If thous wilt, thou canst make me lean." He knew Christ's ability to heal but did not understand his willingness. Jesus' reply settled the question for the leper and it should settle the question for every other man for ever. Jesus said, "I will' be thou clean" (Acts 8:3). If He ever had said anything else to any other man, there might be some reason for us to interject "If it be thy will" in our prayers when we ask God for something He has declared His will on. "If" always doubts. The prayer of faith has no "if's" in it.
Suppose a drunken man kneels down at this platform and says, "I want to find God. I want to be a Christian." Every man and woman in this house who knows God would say, "Yes," right away, "Tell him to pray, to have faith in God, and God will deliver him."
Why do you do it? Simply because there is no question in your mind concerning God's will in saving a sinner from his sins. You know He is ready to do it when a sinner is ready to confess his sins. But you take another step over, and here is another poor fellow by his side with a lame let, and he comes limping along and kneels down, or tries to, and right away a lot of folks say, "I wish he would send for a doctor," or else pray, "If it by thy will, make him well," forgetting "who forgiveth all thin iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases: (Psalm 103:3)
Instead of Christians taking the responsibility, they try to put the responsibility on God. Everything there is no question in the mind of God concerning the salvation of a sinner. No more is there question concerning the healing of the sick one. It is in the atonement of Jesus Christ, bless God. His atonement was unto the uttermost; to the last need of man. The responsibility rests purely solely and entirely on man. Jesus put it there. Jesus said, "When ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and YE SHALL HAVE THEM" (Mark 11:24). No questions or "ifs" in the words of Jesus. If He ever spoke with emphasis on any question, it was on the subject of God's will and the result of faith in prayer. Indeed, He did not even speak them in ordinary words, but in the custom of the East. He said, "Verily, verily." Amen, amen -- the same as if I would stand in an American court and say, "I swear I will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me God." So the Easterner raised his hand and said, "Amen, amen," or "Verily, verily" -- "with the solemnity of an oath I say unto you." So Jesus said, "When ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."
Monday, August 25, 2008
As it has been a tradition among some in the blogging community, I’ve seen that upon a 100th post, there has been those that have listed 100 things about themselves. This is what today’s post is about, to CELEBRATE my 100th post.
1. I love God, I made Him part of my life when I was 8 years old.
2. I am married to the same man for 37 + years, next to the Lord, he’s the love of my life.
3. My husband and I met at L.I.F.E. Bible School in Los Angels, California.
4. I was a young bride, married in my 19th year.
5. We have eight wonderful children, ranging from ages 37-17.
6. We have five daughters and three sons.
7. I am an orphan.
8. My father died when I was 13 and Mama died 12 years ago.
9. We have, presently, 10 wonderful grandchildren.
10. We have 4 granddaughters and 6 grandsons.
11. I LOVE watermelon, God made it FOR ME!
12. I live in Kansas.
13. Kansas would not be a place of my choice, but since it’s a place that God’s brought us to, living on “the backside of the desert” is even WONDERFUL, because God’s made it so.
14. I LOVE to pray, and God answers prayer!
15. I pierced my own ears…really dumb….when I was in high school. Over the years have allowed them to grow back and now wear clip earrings.
16. I enjoy playing croquet.
17. I like board games, any time at all, but particularly during the winter months.
18. Have always LOVED blue spruce trees, and when we bought and moved to the house we now occupy, God made provision for a very nice, very large one in our back yard. Isn’t He thoughtful?
19. Even though we live in Kansas, our back yard looks like Colorado, or lovely parts of Montana. I can have a very nice get-away, by just sitting at my dining room table and looking out the window. God knew a desire of my heart, eh?
20. I have one brother and two step sisters and one step brother. My mother remarried, after my fathers death, my junior year of high school.
21. I enjoy sketching, other forms of artwork as well, but mine of choice is a very good rag cotton watercolor paper and a good set of pencils.
22. I enjoy well orchestrated instrumental music, preferably Christian, have found a plethora at pandora.com
23. Fragrance is a big part of my life. My favorite is gardenia, it’s reminiscent of the Throne Room, Estee Lauder has a nice one, and their Youth Dew I’ve worn for about 40 years.
24. I LOVE the sound of laughter in my home. It’s music to my ears.
25. I like unique timepieces. Don’t go on a hunt for them in my home, but appreciate them when I see them.
26. We have two rotary phones. When the electricity is out in our community, MY phone WORKS!! As a result of making use of them, I do not have caller ID. What DID we ever do without Caller ID? LOL
27. Wanted to plant some black eyed Susan seed this spring and did not know where to plant them until this week. Ahhh Haaaaa! Next Spring.
28. Now I need a place to plant Heather.
29. We have an outdoor cat named Baby. He’s an old grandpa cat that took very good care of us while we lived in the country. He’s a lovely white with blue eyes, and one of our sons calls him a “Yuppy Science Diet Cat”. I suppose he needs what it offers for his health as this is all he will eat. He’s about 13 years old, and as long as the kids chip in to make the purchase, it’s good with me.
30. Our resident foul flew the coop, a few weeks ago, while he was outside in his summer house, on the deck, one day. He found a way out. She was a Cockateil that our #6 child has had for several years. It’s been quiet in our house since her departure.
31. I enjoy the sound of water while the yard is being watered.
32. I like the smell of rain.
33. I like the smell of freshly cut grass.
34. I enjoy the smell of freshly baked bread, on most days of our lives we bake bread in our bread machine.
35. We have a bird feeder that does not allow squirrels or large birds to pilfer the stash we put out in the winter for small birds. It’s interesting to watch the squirrels try to out smart the thing. LOL
36. I like meat cooked to medium rare. On occasion, when my husband and I go out for a nice piece of meat, we’ll order it medium rare and then he’ll send his half back to the kitchen to be cooked some more.
37. When I was in grammar school, my cousin took me “snipe hunting”, in a small canyon. Ever been snipe hunting before. LOL
38. My grandfather had two horses on their ranch to work cattle with. When they were in the south pasture, not far from the house, I’d take sugar cubes out to the fence and feed them a treat. They LOVED me.
39. When my brother and I were growing up we lived in a community with many young families.
40. Because there were many young families there were a LOT of kids, and we always had enough to pull together a couple of baseball teams, or play hide and seek all over our neighborhood, on any summers night until we began to hear our folks call us indoors.
41. In that south pasture I spoke about earlier, there is a limestone quarry/type place about ¼ mile from my grandparents’ home. It has carvings and sentiments, initials, names from several decades. After the home and property was sold a few years ago, it was sad to know that it was still no longer “ours”.
42. Each Saturday, in our little community, at noon….right on the dot, tornado sirens are tested. For about a minute or more they sound and the dogs can be heard far and wide, because it irritates their ears.
43. I still remember the “smell” of my grandparents’ farm. The smell of sweet countryside.
44. I enjoy peach tea.
45. Have begun to learn calligraphy some time ago. Have not mastered it, and need to spend more time with practicing. It’s FUN.
46. I don’t like the thought of sushi, and shall never attempt to eat it.
47. My favorite ethnic food is Asian.
48. I cook a mean Fajita meal, complete with guacamole and pico diguio.
49. I’m of German heritage. My Mothers side.
50. On my fathers side, American Indian (Comanche) and Irish, English.
51. I enjoy finding unusual paper and writing utensils, and like using wax and seal on special occasions.
52. My favorite movie…toss up between “It’s a Wonderful Life” (James Stewart) and “Les Miserables” (with Liam Neeson)
53. Enjoy making lap covers. They warm the body and the soul.
54. I enjoy archery, but am not really good at it, two of our children are, however.
55. If I were not otherwise engaged, I’d be in some O.B. ward helping babies be born.
56. I’ve been present at most of my grandchildren’s births.
57. Enjoy old black and white movies and a good who-dunnit, I think that there’ some good stuff with the old t.v. series “Columbo”, "Rockford Files" and Agatha Christy’s “Mrs. Marple”.
58. Was born in Kansas, raised in Texas, have lived from coast to coast, and am once again in Kansas.
59. Enjoy poached eggs over an English muffin.
60. Like to china paint, but no longer have the tools for the craft, nor free access to a kiln.
61. I enjoy playing welgames.com’s Clusterz, but have needed to lay it aside as I've spent too much time with it.
62. The sound of a squeaky rocking chair brings back sweet memories.
63. When our children were small, and I put my shoes on, they began to chime in that they wanted to “go” with me. Today they still know when I put shoes on, I’m heading out the door. ;)
64. I AM strong in the Lord, in the power of HIS MIGHT. Just agreeing with Him.
65. My favorite gum flavor is Spearmint.
66. Have always enjoyed the smell of clothing that has dried on the clothesline.
67. When I was a little girl I told my Grandmother that I wanted 12 children, but was blessed with nine instead, 8 live births. We have an Andrew Scott deposited in heaven before us.
68. Swinging in a swing could occupy me for a very long time.
69. I got my first fishing rod and reel on my third birthday. Have enjoyed fishing, but don’t participate in it anymore because it’s not something that appeals to my husband.
70. I’ve enjoyed every decade that I’ve lived, and look forward to going into the next one.
71. My hair is dark brown in color and curly/frizzy, depending on how big a rush I am on any given day.
72. I have my Mother’s hands. My Aunt spoke of that to me one time not long ago, and I did not recognize it until I was at a friends home that has a mirror down low at her bathroom sink. There they were, Mama’s hands.
73. I don’t use Aspertame, don’t cook with it, drink or eat anything with it, nor do I keep it in my home for guests. Google it, become educated about it.
74. I use Arbonne' make up, and skin care…only because one of our daughters sells it and I am able to make use of her discount….it really IS the best stuff I’ve ever used.
75. Schwans’ Chocolate Almond is my favorite ice cream, next to my own home made fruit sherbet I don’t know….it MAY be because I LOVE almonds.
76. I enjoy the smell of bodies of salt water, have been to both coasts and the gulf, and they all smell great and my hair does well near water.
77. I’m told that I snore while sleeping.
78. We make use of a air filter in our home, that produces ozone. I never knew how lovely the smell of ozone is. If you don’t know about it, you don’t know what you are missing.
79. Mornings are my favorite time of day.
80. My favorite board game is Scrabble.
81. The song that was the #1 hit the year I was born was: “Here In My Heart” by Al Martino, the year of my husbands birth it was “Nature Boy”, by Nat King Cole.
82. The meal I enjoy most is Breakfast.
83. A treat to me is a small can of smoked almonds from Wal Mart.
84. When I can, I like to keep jerky in my bag to nibble on when I’m out and about and become hungry, saves stopping by and getting junk food at a “greasy spoon.”
85. This is the day the Lord has made and I WILL rejoice and be glad in it.
86. One of our sons and myself are cancer survivors, this curse stops HERE, in this family, in Jesus’ Name.
87. Tea is my beverage of choice….any kind of tea, hot or cold, preferably cold….I use Stevia to sweeten my drink, when needed. I usually purchase decaffeinated or herbal teas so I can enjoy it all day long without repercussions.
88. I enjoy watching the old “Rockford Files” reruns. James Gardner bears a very strong resemblance to my father. They are both handsome cusses!
89. My mother was an extremely talented woman, and loved God.
90. My children are disciples, taught of the Lord, obedient to His will and great is the peace and undisturbed composure of my children. I agree with Isaiah.
91. I buy my toothpicks in bulk online. Mint flavored, and individually wrapped.
92. If I have difficulty digesting something I’ve eaten, I make use of Acidophilus. It works very well.
93. I never owned a car before I married. It interests me when I drive by a high school where I see NEW vehicles parked far and wide.
94. I miss something called “Fizzies”, something that was on the market when I was very young. They made a very nice, harmless soft drink. A tablet that, when placed in water “fizzed” and produced a pleasant tasting treat. Coke and Pepsi products and other like and generic soft drinks of the like have really hit the market hard and have a noose around the public. Ahhhhh legally addictive stimulants!
95. I enjoy growing my own herbs, makes a difference in cooking.
96. My stepfather was a minister.
97. I use a very good water filter that is installed under my sink. We have a water cooler that I’ve purchased a 5 gallon glass bottle for. The glass holds water without leaching off the plastic and adding unpleasant flavor to water. I have the BEST “bottled” water in town, at a FRACTION of the cost.
98. Melaluca products have made a difference in my home.
99. Shaklee’s Herb Lax is a MUST for anyone that needs help with elimination….may be T.M.I. but it’s true.
100. If you've made it this far....I'll end this post with....I am a daughter of the King of kings and have been endowed with His authority as an ambassador on this planet. We’re to be about taking care of His business, and if we don’t know what “it” is, we need to find out. That’s what I encourage anyone reading this to do.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me
God is telling us that we hear His voice.
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
22 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'"
In this passage, Jesus is speaking to the "Lukewarm" church, giving the invitation and come and visit with Him, to those who HEAR HIS VOICE. Do you give much thought to just visiting with the Lord? I see that SOME of the Body of Christ MAY take some time to pray, but prayer is just a one sided conversation....and then to go off when they are finished. The Lord wants us to VISIT with Him. :)
Well, if His sheep HEAR HIS VOICE, it would seem that we need to fine tune our hearts to readily acquaint ourselves with His voice. Then after making it first nature to ourselves, to obey it.
Over the years, I have seen our children respond to the Holy Spirit, from time to time...but I've told them that I desire that they be LED by God's Spirit, and in order to do that, we need to acquaint ourselves with the sound of His VOICE.
Romans 8:14 tells us:
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
One of the benefits of being LED by the Spirit of God is:
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
GEE!!! Who of us don't help with THAT, eh? :-)
There are things CALLING to all of us, and not all of them are from God.
Since the Lord has given us these instructions, it IS doable, and we are responsible to it. Right?
About 30 years ago I found a publication by Kenneth Hagin Sr. that I believe was entitled something like Being Led By The Spirit of God, that was most helpful to me, personally, in getting my attention with this matter. His writings are always well written and easy to read.
Father, I ask You to HELP US to train our spirits to HEAR YOUR VOICE, to be intimately acquainted with YOU and to HELP US to FOLLOW YOU, as Your beloved sons and daughters. In Jesus' Name.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established.
Isn't that a GREAT verse?
During any one of our days, often we can find our thoughts running amuck, can't we?
The instruction that was given us tells us HOW to make a difference in our days. Thank God.
All we have to do is to commit our works to the Lord, and the word "commit" in the Strong's Concordance tells us:
galal (gah-lahl); Strong's #1556: To roll, roll down, roll away, remove. In Genesis 29:3, galal refers to rolling the stone from the well's mouth. In Joshua 5:9, the reproach of Egypt is rolled off from Israel. In this text, the reader is encouraged to roll his works into God's care (see also Psalm 37:5). The picture is of a camel, burdened with a heavy load; when the load is to be removed, the camel kneels down, tilts far to one side, and the load rolls off. From galal numerous words are derived, among which are galgal ("wheel" or "whirlwind"), galil (Galilee, literally, "Circuit" or District), gulgolet (Gaogotha, Skull: or "Head"), and megillah ("scroll").
Father, You ALWAYS have a good idea! You've told us that all we need to do is to COMMIT our works to YOU, and then our thought life would be established...IN HIM. Thank YOU for HELPING US do this! In Jesus' Name
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Proverbs 4:23 instructs us to keep, or protect, our hearts with all diligence.
Last Sunday the Lord gave us a Word in our fellowship, and while reading the Believers Voice of Victory newsletter last night, I found that He's speaking that same Word across the country.
"Heed these words and hearken to them as words of instruction - words of the gift of the word of wisdom from the Almighty God. From now until the return of Jesus, it will be very dangerous to spend much time watching the television newscasts, reading the newspapers and other methods of reporting events on the earth. I repeat: It will be dangerous to do these things. The reason that it will be dangerous is because so many catastrophes, so many cataclysmic things will happen in the earth during this short period of time that no human mind can comprehend them all. You will not be able to mentally decipher, you will not be able to mentally judge, and you will not be able to mentally reason out in your own mind what is happening all over the earth. There will be too much of it in too short a length of time, and it's too massive and actually too humanly horrible for one person to figure it all. It will be known as the "Heyday of the Bad Newscaster." It will be the finest hour for broadcasting bad news the world has ever known.
"If you dwell on these things, then you will get over in the flesh and it will have its effect on you. My Word says that men's hearts will fail them for fear of things that are coming on the earth. Heed these words carefully. I AM THAT I AM, saith the Lord God of Hosts. When the world has no money, I still have a way. When the world has no health, I still have a way. For I am called THE WAY; and where there is no way, I am the way," saith the Lord.
"You listen to Me. These are not empty, idle words. You listen to Me. You look to Me. Hearken unto My Voice and you'll stand in the midst of plenty when the world is despondent. People will look at you and say, 'Where are they getting it? How are they receiving it?' And you will answer, 'My God meets all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.'
"I give you My Word," saith the Lord, "that when the situation on the earth is such that My people would no longer be able to overcome it, then I will overcome it by the Resurrection, I will remove you from the mouth of the lion. This is the wisdom of God. Heed it. Listen to it. Turn your back on the world's beggarly elements. Don't get your information from the broadcasting of bad news. Get your information from the good news of the gospel. Regardless of how bad the earth gets, I will shorten the time," saith the Lord, "and it will not consume you. It will not! It will not harm a hair on your head, and you'll not perish, for I am returning for a glorious and a powerful and an upright Body. It will be that way," saith the Lord. "It'll be that way. For it almost finished now. This which I have given you is for the Whole Body of Christ."
Read it over and over again. Remember He said to listen to Him carefully. Father, HELP US to make a decision to respond in faith rather than to react in fear, in Jesus' Name.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
The following in an excerpt from the book: John G. Lake - His Life, His Sermons, His Boldness of Faith
When I went to South Africa years ago, I attended a great missionary conference a short time after I was there. It was a general conference of the Christian missions of the country. On account of our teaching the Baptism of the Holy Ghost and the power of God to heal, we were a peculiar feature in the conference. We were bringing a new message and they wanted to hear us, and get us sized up and classified.
Among the difficulties they discussed in that Conference was the tremendous influence of the native medicine men over the people. They call them witch doctors. I have seen shocking things take place at the hands of witch doctors, things that nobody would believe unless they beheld them.
On one occasion two men had become extremely jealous of each other, both native chiefs, and they lived sixty miles from each other. One time, as I was in the kraal of one of them, I heard them discussing this difficulty with the other and it was decided by the chief that the next Sunday morning he was going to set the other fellow on fire. I wanted to see this phenomenon and I got a horse and went across the country to be there on Sunday morning.
The chiefs go out and round up their cattle and heards, look over their flocks, etc. It is a sort of Sunday exercise. I rode along. We had not ridden for more than an hour when I observed this fellow was becoming very hot. Within half an hour he was absolutely purple. I knew somewhat of medicine; I would have said the man was likely to have a paralytic stroke from blood pressure. After a while he began to complain of terrible pain, and finally he became exhausted, got down and lay on the ground, and passed into a state of terrible exhaustion. I believe the man would have died. I had heard about these sort of things, but this was taking place under my own eyes. I saw that unless the man got deliverance he would die. When it got to that point, I said to the brethren, "It is time that we prayed." I stepped over and laid my hands on, and called on God to destroy that damning psychic power that was destroying the fellow, and God shattered it.
I talked to the Conference about this matter. I said, "It is a strange thing to me that in all the years of missions in this land that your hands are tied on account of witch doctors. Why don't you go out and cast out the devil out of these fellows, and get the people delivered from their power?"
They took a long breath and said, "Cast the devil out? He will cast the devil out of you!" The secret of our work, the reason God gave us one hundred thousand people, the reason we have twelve hundred native preachers in our work in Africa, is because of the fact we believed the promise of, "Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (John 4:4). We not only went to seek them, but challenged them separately and united, and by the power of God delivered the people from their power, and when they were delivered the people appreciated their deliverance from the slavery in which they had been held through their superstitions, psychological, spirit control, and they are most terrible. "God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" (II Timothy 1:7).
Whenever I got in the presence of one of these fellows and wanted to cast out the devil, I always felt I wanted to get his eye. I search to get his eye. The eyes of a man are the windows of his soul. In teaching a class of children I asked them what the eyes were for. One little chap said, "Your eyes are for you to look out of." Do you get it? It is not a poetic expression, they are the windows through which you look out. It is wonderful the things you see when you look out. Sometimes you see fear, and the spirit of darkness, and you see the devil in the the other life - marvelous things that you see with your inner eyes.
The world laughs at our Pentecostal people because they sometimes talk about seeing by the Spirit, and sometimes we talk about seeing phychically. We see all the time naturally, as you and I do now.
God anoints your soul. God anoints your life. God comes to dwell in your person. God comes to make you a master. That is the purpose of His indwelling in a Christian. The real child of God was to be a master over every other power of darkness in the world. It was to be subject TO HIM. He is to be God's representative in the the world. The Holy Ghost in the Christian was to be as powerful as the Holy Ghost in Christ. Indeed, Jesus' words go to such an extreme that they declare that "Greater works than these shall he do" (John 14:12). It indicates that the mighty Holy Ghost from heaven in the life of the Christian was to be more powerful in you and in me after Jesus got to heaven and ministered Him to our souls than He was in Jesus.
Beloved, who has the faith to believe it? Who has faith to exercise it? We cannot exercise anything beyond what we believe to be possible. Listen: "God hath not given us the spirit of fear."
Fear of the devil is nonsense. Fear of demons is foolish. The Spirit of God anointing the Christian heart makes the should impregnable to the powers of darkness. How I love to teach men that when the Lord Jesus Christ anoints your soul and baptizes you in the Holy Ghost, that the almightiness of the Eternal God, the Father, by the Spirit, and Jesus Christ combined has come into your soul.
What I want to bring to is that the Spirit of God, the divine master, the eternal power of God, the combined life and presence by the Spirit, of the Father and the Son, is given to you...not to leave you a weakling, and subject to all kinds of powers of darkness, but to make you a MASTER, to give you dominion in God over every devilish force that ever was.
"God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" (II Timothy 1:7). The Spirit of Power is the Holy Ghost, bless God. And not only of power, but of LOVE and of a SOUND MIND. Not a craziness and insanity, but a sound mind, by which you can look in the face of the devil and laugh.
Father, I thank You for HELPING US to see YOU IN US. Help us to walk in the anointing that we have been given to walk in VICTORY every day of our lives. You have let us know in Your Word that we are not to give any place to the devil and that the only place he is to have is under our feet. Thank You for reminding us to take and USE Your Word, the Sword of the Spirit, to put the enemy in his place every place we go. In Jesus' Name.
Monday, August 18, 2008
John Graham Lake was born March 18, 1870 in Ontario, Canada, and died in 1935. He was one of 16 children. Like many of his brothers and sisters, he grew up with a strange digestive disease that nearly killed him. For nine years he suffered with the disease and the unpleasant treatments that were necessary to keep him alive. Eight of his siblings did not survive.
Mr. Lake knew that sickness was something bad, something evil. In all his life he never saw any good come out of it. As Lake grew older this overexposure to sickness and sorrow sparked in him a rare and intense desire for the power of God. It was this driving passion that would not let John G. Lake rest until he had found a way to beat sickness, disease..and even death itself.
As a child, Lake had seen enough to know that he and his family needed a miracle. What he didn't know was how to get one.
In the church where he grew up, miracles and supernatural healing never seemed much of an option. If anything, the church people to whom he looked for help spent a lot of time trying to convince him that God meant life's traumas and tragedies for his good. Somehow, Lake could never quite see the good for all the suffering around him. So he kept looking for his miracle.
At age 16, Lake moved with his family to the United States and settled in northern Michigan. It was there that he was saved as a result of a Salvation Army meeting and joined the Methodist Church. But still, sickness would not loosen its death grip on Lake and his family.
Finally he could wait no longer - something had to b e done. And it looked like it would be up to him to do it. He later wrote, "There was nobody to pray for me...As I sat alone, I said, 'Lord, I am finished with the world and the flesh, with the doctor and with the devil. From today, I lean on the arm of God.'"
At that moment, there was no evident sign of healing or any other manifestation of God's power in his body. Yet, on thing was certain, Lake had consecrated himself to God. And though it may not have looked like it on the outside, he knew on the inside that the disease was gone. He was that determined.
But while the disease was gone, the struggle wasn't over.
As Lake grew to be a young man, he suffered yet another ailment. Rheumatism was causing his legs to grow out of shape and distort his body.
Againk his church couldn't offer him the results that he passionately sought. His pastor told him, "Brother, you are glorifying God." Other church people said,k "Brotgher, be patient and endure it." And for a while, Lake believed them - but he was still deformed. What Good News was there in that? Where was the powerful gospel that had been able to save him?
What Lake really wanted was another miracle. So again, his heart stretched toward God. As he did, a flash of truth pierced the deception of his mind, and in the light of God's Word, Lake caught a glimpse of God's will.
"I discovered that (disease) was not the will of God at all, but the will of the dirty, crooked-legged devil that wanted to make me like himself.
""I laid down everything and went to Chicago, to the only place where I knew that a man could get healed. I went to John Alexander Dowie's Divine Healing Home."
There in Chicago, the power of God surged through Lake's body and straightened his legs. Lake caught hold of the power of God, and the fact that Christianity is "a strong man's gospel." For the first time he saw how God wanted a race of people who are bold, strong, pure, good and blessed. He saw how the signs and wonders of the New Testament were meant for his day, and every day!
John Lake left Chicago healed. He also left with a bold gospel that declared healing for everyone-even the unsaved and the unchurched. This was the gospel that sparked astounding passion and boldness in his soul.
Though Lake had been born a sickly child in the 19th century, he now stood boldly at the threshold of the 20th century as a lightning rod stretched between heaven and earth, just waiting to be struck by the very "lightning of God" as he later called it. And with each release of God's power that eventually charged his life, Lake in turn electrified the modern world. Time after time he jolted Christians and non-Christians alike by showing them the true heart and power of God.
This is a portion of a book entitled: John G. Lake, His Life, His Sermons, His Boldness of Faith.
Father, I ask YOU to HELP US, and give us the same revelation that You gave Mr. Lake that sickness and disease is NOT from You. In Jesus' Name.
Monday, August 11, 2008
If you are interested, I was watching a couple of sermons at a convention that was held recently.
Scrolled down to Wednesday afternoon's offering with Mrs. Copeland and Mr. Dollar, at the end of this session there was a very informative and very impressive few minutes by the Copeland Ministries' lawyer giving a legal update on the opposition that has been waged against about six churches/ministries, by Senator Grassley, who is the head of the Senate Finance Committee. It would be worth your time to even skip over onto the end of this taping to listen to what this lawyer had to say.
There is also a link provided to what is called Believers Stand United
If you so desire, there is a lot you can do to participate in helping to preserve our freedoms.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Christianity is a living walking, talking relationship with Father God, His Son and His Word.
Religion does not embrace the Covenant that God has purchased for us through His Son Jesus.
Just because we may go to church, does not mean we have a relationship with God.
Most of us visit His house, but do not visit with Him. While we visit with Him and study His Word, we see who He is, and what He's provided.
We cannot afford to be walking in "Religion", without a relationship with our Creator, Father God.
Faith in God is a dominate conviction of who He is....concerning His character and concerning His government.
His character is holiness...we're to be imitators of God as His dear children.
God said BE YOU HOLY FOR I AM HOLY...so our character should be holy.
Holiness, the way the church has often preached it, is genetically altered Bible.
No make-up, a "pentecostal bun" etc etc.....some folk think that not wearing jewelry is holiness.
We cannot be perfect in a moment but we can be holy in a moment.
Religion does not embrace God's will for us/themselves. Everything that God's made provision for us, through the finished work of Jesus. Remember over in the Word that Jesus was telling us about how to pray? That God's will be done on Earth AS IT IS IN HEAVEN? There is no sickness, disease, lack, poverty, confusion, fear, dread, lack of pace...etc....in HEAVEN. It's not suppose to be in OUR LIVES also.
Religion is genetically altered Bible. Religious people don't talk about God, they usually argue about God. LOL We've gotta have a living relationship with God to be able to talk about HIM and His might, power and provision. He's BOLD about who He is...we should be also.
FATHER GOD, HELP US not to walk in anything but YOUR LIVING WORD. HELP US not to pervert what You've spoken to us. Help us to AGREE with You, Your plans, Your WILL towards us in this Earth. Help us to not only visit Your House, but to VISIT YOU, LORD. We need YOU. We need Your fellowship and the understanding that You can give us about Your Word. Help us not to genetically alter Your Word. HELP US, LORD, to be all You've planned for us to be, in the Name of Your Son, Jesus.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
August 3, 2008
Our fellowship received a Word from the Lord that I want to share. It goes as follows:
August 3, 2008
The end time storm clouds are gathering over the earth, casting their dark shadow across the universe and all will be experiencing a trauma of the events of the end time.
To My Church, My Body, you must prepare as Noah did, for your preservation. I have made a way of escape, a way of departure and My people must come out of the world, of it’s aim, it’s ideas, it’s ways, it’s goals, it’s desires and it’s lusts.
This will only happen for the faithful, the dedicated, the servants of the Most High God.
I am placing and enforcing the Earth with millions of angels, I know the enemy’s tactics, for I am setting the battle. I have the watchers on the wall.
The compromisers are already marked, the lukewarm is getting a great wake up call,
and those out of My Word, because of a form of godliness will not slip by.
I am calling for holiness and nothing less.
This is My greatest hour for prophecy and promises to be fulfilled. I am bringing My prophecy to the very revelation of IT IS WRITTEN. It will be manifested in your time, in your hearing, in your seeing, and in your experiencing.
My Church must shake itself awake.
My Church must judge itself by the Word.
My Church must come out and separate itself unto Me.
My Church must leave this world behind.
My Church must make itself ready.
The trumpet will soon sound and it will be the final blast, and I am calling and wooing My Body to come out of the destructive things. Separate and dedicate, and fasten your faith to My Word and your eyes on Me.
Pray again, believe again, envision again, reach out again, present yourself to Me again. Ready yourself for instructions in these perilous times, for My Comforter is with the Church, the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is ready to gather, enjoin, protect, lead and catch away. Be ye therefore ready.
Live in readiness, thus saith the Lord. The Spirit of the Lord says come. The Spirit of the Bride says come. Come before it’s too late. Come into the End Time Ark before the door is shut. The scoffers and mockers in Noah’s day perished outside the ark of safety. Stay on God’s pattern. Work diligently and prepare. Finish and be ready for Judgment Day, for it is surely coming. I will judge the wise and they shall surely escape, and I will judge the foolish and the door shall be shut unto them.
My Word is judgment and justice.