Saturday, August 23, 2008

God's Voice



John 10:27

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

God is telling us that we hear His voice.

Revelation 3:20-22
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
22 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'"

In this passage, Jesus is speaking to the "Lukewarm" church, giving the invitation and come and visit with Him, to those who HEAR HIS VOICE. Do you give much thought to just visiting with the Lord? I see that SOME of the Body of Christ MAY take some time to pray, but prayer is just a one sided conversation....and then to go off when they are finished. The Lord wants us to VISIT with Him. :)

Well, if His sheep HEAR HIS VOICE, it would seem that we need to fine tune our hearts to readily acquaint ourselves with His voice. Then after making it first nature to ourselves, to obey it.

Over the years, I have seen our children respond to the Holy Spirit, from time to time...but I've told them that I desire that they be LED by God's Spirit, and in order to do that, we need to acquaint ourselves with the sound of His VOICE.

Romans 8:14 tells us:
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

One of the benefits of being LED by the Spirit of God is:
Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

GEE!!! Who of us don't help with THAT, eh? :-)

There are things CALLING to all of us, and not all of them are from God.

Since the Lord has given us these instructions, it IS doable, and we are responsible to it. Right?

About 30 years ago I found a publication by Kenneth Hagin Sr. that I believe was entitled something like Being Led By The Spirit of God, that was most helpful to me, personally, in getting my attention with this matter. His writings are always well written and easy to read.

Father, I ask You to HELP US to train our spirits to HEAR YOUR VOICE, to be intimately acquainted with YOU and to HELP US to FOLLOW YOU, as Your beloved sons and daughters. In Jesus' Name.

No comments: