Monday, August 25, 2008

100th Post



As it has been a tradition among some in the blogging community, I’ve seen that upon a 100th post, there has been those that have listed 100 things about themselves. This is what today’s post is about, to CELEBRATE my 100th post.

1. I love God, I made Him part of my life when I was 8 years old.

2. I am married to the same man for 37 + years, next to the Lord, he’s the love of my life.

3. My husband and I met at L.I.F.E. Bible School in Los Angels, California.

4. I was a young bride, married in my 19th year.

5. We have eight wonderful children, ranging from ages 37-17.

6. We have five daughters and three sons.

7. I am an orphan.

8. My father died when I was 13 and Mama died 12 years ago.

9. We have, presently, 10 wonderful grandchildren.

10. We have 4 granddaughters and 6 grandsons.

11. I LOVE watermelon, God made it FOR ME!

12. I live in Kansas.

13. Kansas would not be a place of my choice, but since it’s a place that God’s brought us to, living on “the backside of the desert” is even WONDERFUL, because God’s made it so.

14. I LOVE to pray, and God answers prayer!

15. I pierced my own ears…really dumb….when I was in high school. Over the years have allowed them to grow back and now wear clip earrings.

16. I enjoy playing croquet.

17. I like board games, any time at all, but particularly during the winter months.

18. Have always LOVED blue spruce trees, and when we bought and moved to the house we now occupy, God made provision for a very nice, very large one in our back yard. Isn’t He thoughtful?

19. Even though we live in Kansas, our back yard looks like Colorado, or lovely parts of Montana. I can have a very nice get-away, by just sitting at my dining room table and looking out the window. God knew a desire of my heart, eh?

20. I have one brother and two step sisters and one step brother. My mother remarried, after my fathers death, my junior year of high school.

21. I enjoy sketching, other forms of artwork as well, but mine of choice is a very good rag cotton watercolor paper and a good set of pencils.

22. I enjoy well orchestrated instrumental music, preferably Christian, have found a plethora at pandora.com

23. Fragrance is a big part of my life. My favorite is gardenia, it’s reminiscent of the Throne Room, Estee Lauder has a nice one, and their Youth Dew I’ve worn for about 40 years.

24. I LOVE the sound of laughter in my home. It’s music to my ears.

25. I like unique timepieces. Don’t go on a hunt for them in my home, but appreciate them when I see them.

26. We have two rotary phones. When the electricity is out in our community, MY phone WORKS!! As a result of making use of them, I do not have caller ID. What DID we ever do without Caller ID? LOL

27. Wanted to plant some black eyed Susan seed this spring and did not know where to plant them until this week. Ahhh Haaaaa! Next Spring.

28. Now I need a place to plant Heather.

29. We have an outdoor cat named Baby. He’s an old grandpa cat that took very good care of us while we lived in the country. He’s a lovely white with blue eyes, and one of our sons calls him a “Yuppy Science Diet Cat”. I suppose he needs what it offers for his health as this is all he will eat. He’s about 13 years old, and as long as the kids chip in to make the purchase, it’s good with me.

30. Our resident foul flew the coop, a few weeks ago, while he was outside in his summer house, on the deck, one day. He found a way out. She was a Cockateil that our #6 child has had for several years. It’s been quiet in our house since her departure.

31. I enjoy the sound of water while the yard is being watered.

32. I like the smell of rain.

33. I like the smell of freshly cut grass.

34. I enjoy the smell of freshly baked bread, on most days of our lives we bake bread in our bread machine.

35. We have a bird feeder that does not allow squirrels or large birds to pilfer the stash we put out in the winter for small birds. It’s interesting to watch the squirrels try to out smart the thing. LOL

36. I like meat cooked to medium rare. On occasion, when my husband and I go out for a nice piece of meat, we’ll order it medium rare and then he’ll send his half back to the kitchen to be cooked some more.

37. When I was in grammar school, my cousin took me “snipe hunting”, in a small canyon. Ever been snipe hunting before. LOL

38. My grandfather had two horses on their ranch to work cattle with. When they were in the south pasture, not far from the house, I’d take sugar cubes out to the fence and feed them a treat. They LOVED me.

39. When my brother and I were growing up we lived in a community with many young families.

40. Because there were many young families there were a LOT of kids, and we always had enough to pull together a couple of baseball teams, or play hide and seek all over our neighborhood, on any summers night until we began to hear our folks call us indoors.

41. In that south pasture I spoke about earlier, there is a limestone quarry/type place about ¼ mile from my grandparents’ home. It has carvings and sentiments, initials, names from several decades. After the home and property was sold a few years ago, it was sad to know that it was still no longer “ours”.

42. Each Saturday, in our little community, at noon….right on the dot, tornado sirens are tested. For about a minute or more they sound and the dogs can be heard far and wide, because it irritates their ears.

43. I still remember the “smell” of my grandparents’ farm. The smell of sweet countryside.

44. I enjoy peach tea.

45. Have begun to learn calligraphy some time ago. Have not mastered it, and need to spend more time with practicing. It’s FUN.

46. I don’t like the thought of sushi, and shall never attempt to eat it.

47. My favorite ethnic food is Asian.

48. I cook a mean Fajita meal, complete with guacamole and pico diguio.

49. I’m of German heritage. My Mothers side.

50. On my fathers side, American Indian (Comanche) and Irish, English.

51. I enjoy finding unusual paper and writing utensils, and like using wax and seal on special occasions.

52. My favorite movie…toss up between “It’s a Wonderful Life” (James Stewart) and “Les Miserables” (with Liam Neeson)

53. Enjoy making lap covers. They warm the body and the soul.

54. I enjoy archery, but am not really good at it, two of our children are, however.

55. If I were not otherwise engaged, I’d be in some O.B. ward helping babies be born.

56. I’ve been present at most of my grandchildren’s births.

57. Enjoy old black and white movies and a good who-dunnit, I think that there’ some good stuff with the old t.v. series “Columbo”, "Rockford Files" and Agatha Christy’s “Mrs. Marple”.

58. Was born in Kansas, raised in Texas, have lived from coast to coast, and am once again in Kansas.

59. Enjoy poached eggs over an English muffin.

60. Like to china paint, but no longer have the tools for the craft, nor free access to a kiln.

61. I enjoy playing welgames.com’s Clusterz, but have needed to lay it aside as I've spent too much time with it.

62. The sound of a squeaky rocking chair brings back sweet memories.

63. When our children were small, and I put my shoes on, they began to chime in that they wanted to “go” with me.  Today they still know when I put shoes on, I’m heading out the door. ;)

64. I AM strong in the Lord, in the power of HIS MIGHT. Just agreeing with Him.

65. My favorite gum flavor is Spearmint.

66. Have always enjoyed the smell of clothing that has dried on the clothesline.

67. When I was a little girl I told my Grandmother that I wanted 12 children, but was blessed with nine instead, 8 live births. We have an Andrew Scott deposited in heaven before us.

68. Swinging in a swing could occupy me for a very long time.

69. I got my first fishing rod and reel on my third birthday. Have enjoyed fishing, but don’t participate in it anymore because it’s not something that appeals to my husband.

70. I’ve enjoyed every decade that I’ve lived, and look forward to going into the next one.

71. My hair is dark brown in color and curly/frizzy, depending on how big a rush I am on any given day.

72. I have my Mother’s hands. My Aunt spoke of that to me one time not long ago, and I did not recognize it until I was at a friends home that has a mirror down low at her bathroom sink. There they were, Mama’s hands.

73. I don’t use Aspertame, don’t cook with it, drink or eat anything with it, nor do I keep it in my home for guests. Google it, become educated about it.

74. I use Arbonne' make up, and skin care…only because one of our daughters sells it and I am able to make use of her discount….it really IS the best stuff I’ve ever used.

75. Schwans’ Chocolate Almond is my favorite ice cream, next to my own home made fruit sherbet I don’t know….it MAY be because I LOVE almonds.

76. I enjoy the smell of bodies of salt water, have been to both coasts and the gulf, and they all smell great and my hair does well near water.

77. I’m told that I snore while sleeping.

78. We make use of a air filter in our home, that produces ozone. I never knew how lovely the smell of ozone is. If you don’t know about it, you don’t know what you are missing.

79. Mornings are my favorite time of day.

80. My favorite board game is Scrabble.

81. The song that was the #1 hit the year I was born was: “Here In My Heart” by Al Martino, the year of my husbands birth it was “Nature Boy”, by Nat King Cole.

82. The meal I enjoy most is Breakfast.

83. A treat to me is a small can of smoked almonds from Wal Mart.

84. When I can, I like to keep jerky in my bag to nibble on when I’m out and about and become hungry, saves stopping by and getting junk food at a “greasy spoon.”

85. This is the day the Lord has made and I WILL rejoice and be glad in it.

86. One of our sons and myself are cancer survivors, this curse stops HERE, in this family, in Jesus’ Name.

87. Tea is my beverage of choice….any kind of tea, hot or cold, preferably cold….I use Stevia to sweeten my drink, when needed. I usually purchase decaffeinated or herbal teas so I can enjoy it all day long without repercussions.

88. I enjoy watching the old “Rockford Files” reruns. James Gardner bears a very strong resemblance to my father. They are both handsome cusses!

89. My mother was an extremely talented woman, and loved God.

90. My children are disciples, taught of the Lord, obedient to His will and great is the peace and undisturbed composure of my children. I agree with Isaiah.

91. I buy my toothpicks in bulk online. Mint flavored, and individually wrapped.

92. If I have difficulty digesting something I’ve eaten, I make use of Acidophilus. It works very well.

93. I never owned a car before I married. It interests me when I drive by a high school where I see NEW vehicles parked far and wide.

94. I miss something called “Fizzies”, something that was on the market when I was very young. They made a very nice, harmless soft drink. A tablet that, when placed in water “fizzed” and produced a pleasant tasting treat. Coke and Pepsi products and other like and generic soft drinks of the like have really hit the market hard and have a noose around the public. Ahhhhh legally addictive stimulants!

95. I enjoy growing my own herbs, makes a difference in cooking.

96. My stepfather was a minister.

97. I use a very good water filter that is installed under my sink. We have a water cooler that I’ve purchased a 5 gallon glass bottle for. The glass holds water without leaching off the plastic and adding unpleasant flavor to water. I have the BEST “bottled” water in town, at a FRACTION of the cost.

98. Melaluca products have made a difference in my home.

99. Shaklee’s Herb Lax is a MUST for anyone that needs help with elimination….may be T.M.I. but it’s true.

100. If you've made it this far....I'll end this post with....I am a daughter of the King of kings and have been endowed with His authority as an ambassador on this planet. We’re to be about taking care of His business, and if we don’t know what “it” is, we need to find out. That’s what I encourage anyone reading this to do.

6 comments:

DonnaMarie said...

I'm looking forward to the next 100 posts. Love you Sharron!

Sharon said...

You are too sweet, Darlin'!
xoxoxo

Renna said...

I loved finding out new things about you, Sharon!

I saw many similarities in us. To name a few, I also love watermelon. I only wish I could have it year 'round!

Blue Spruce is my very favorite tree. I felll in love with them on visits to Colorado. Though I have seen one here, they are not easy to grow in our zone.

I also remember playing ball with my brother and neighbor kids until our parents called us indoors at dark.

I am also told I snore.

I am so sorry to hear about Em's bird! :-(

Lisa said...

Hi there! :)

I was looking for a passage of scripture via google and found your blog. I am interested in learning more about Melaluca. Do you sell it? I went to the website and it said to find out from the source you heard about it from.

Thank you and God bless!

Lisa

tbiytc@tx.rr.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there, finally read from your blog, awe! Your family is beautiful! Blog,it is very NICE! love it! and love you! I read the tatoo artical! I read the HELL book after I met up with you in OKC hospital! Found scripture and prayer for friend I was able to text to her today, thank you! And I remember the hiden'seek games in the hood of the great state of TX! And I loved your mom! and her extreme dill pickles! I miss you! XOXO Jana

Sharon said...

Jana, so cool to see you, Love. Thanks! Mom's pickles were the BOMB!!! Yes. The summer fun our whole neighborhood bunch of kids had are still sweet memories. :) Yes, we'll NEVER forget that book by Mary K Baxter, will we? GOD HELP US.
I love you Jana! I'm thankful that God has put you into my life long years ago.
xoxoxo
Sharon










!