Thursday, March 19, 2009

Attending to God's Word


Proverbs 4:20-27

1.My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.
Instead of ever altering God's Word to my lifestyle, I make the quality decision to always alter my lifestyle to fit the Word.

2.Do not let them depart from your eyes
I give my attention only to the Word, keeping it in front of my eyes CONSTANTLY!

3.Keep them in the midst of your heart
I keep the Word in my heart and refuse to be sidetracked, allowing His promised harvest to come (Mark 4:14-20)

4.For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh.
Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.

Since the Word is vital to my health and to my very life, I gie no attention to things that would rob my peace and engender strife. I stay on the faith side of everything. I stay on the love side.

5.Put away from you a deceitful mouth, And put perverse lips far from you.
I know that my mouth speaks out of the abundance of my heart. I put away any disobedience or unbelief from my heart - from my mouth!

6.Let your eyes look straight ahead, And your eyelids look right before you.
Ponder the path of your feet, And let all your ways be established. Turn not to the right or the left: remove your foot from evil.

By attending to the Word and keeping my eyes on Jesus, I always know where I am and where I'm going. My ways are established. I will not be confused.

Father, HELP US to stay close and obedient to Your Word. HELP US to make it FIRST in our lives and mean business with all You have to say. HELP US to be established in it and live and move and have our being IN it. In Jesus' Name

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Elaine, God HELP US to make His Word first place in our lives. You comment was confirmation to me about this passage. Good to have you stop by.