Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Birthing Room




Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Romans 8:26

When we are praying all we know to in our own language, and there is a prompting of God's Spirit that there's yet more, we can depend upon the Holy Spirit to pray with God's wisdom to finish giving birth to what HE wants in the Spirit.

I remember making the remark often, over the years, that if I was not involved with raising a young family I'd be in some O.B. ward helping babies be born. God reminded me yesterday that everytime I go into prayer/intercession I AM in a Birthing Room, giving birth to those things that God is anxiously waiting for.

While I was taking my car out of the garage yesterday morning to go to prayer, He reminded me of that, and was telling me that He has the same excitement and anticipation awaiting what is being birthed in prayer, as WE do going to a delivery room with family and waiting to see for the first time a sweet new family member.

I want God to ALWAYS remind me of His expectations and the importance of intercession, and that it is NOT a small thing or just an obligation or drugery. It's something that brings God GREAT JOY, when we enter into His Birthing Room and that we have the privelage to be a part of such wonderful happenings in His Kingdom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Father, I ask YOU to HELP US to not just to pray always, but to be enthralled about all that YOU want done in Your Kingdom. Help us to respond QUICKLY to prayer time and to make Your Birthing Room a place of joy and fulfillment in our lives. In Jesus' Name.

No comments: