Wednesday, June 4, 2008

JUNE Recipe Swap Box

swap blogpost

The first Thursday of every month is The Recipe Box Swap. It is hosted by Randi, at i have to say. If you have a blog and would like to participate, post a recipe on your blog; then go to Randi's Mr. Linky (at the bottom her Thursday Recipe Box Swap post) and add your name, the title of your recipe, and the URL of your recipe post.

Renna, at Finding My Knitch said she was sort of cheating this month. LOL Well, I've made use of Pioneer Womans Sherried Tomato Soup several times this Spring and it has already earned a permanent place as one of our family favorites.

The only thing I have changed, because the cooking sherry is already salty, is to change the butter in the recipe to unsalted butter, and quite possibly reduce the amount of sherry to your own taste.

This soup is FULL of flavor, and you will NOT be satisfied with just one serving. :)
I serve this with homemade bread, and this meal leaves you wanting for nothing when leaving the table.

6 comments:

marigold said...

I haven't tried this one yet but it does look delicious. I make her bacon wrapped jalapenos for all my appetizer potlucks!

Renna said...

Sharon, I've never made homemade tomato soup before, but I have tried a number of PW's recipes, so I'll have to add that one to my list. :-)

Sharon said...

Renna, I have and this is THE best ever! You and "Mr. Studley" will enjoy it. :)
Marrigold....we've made bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed jalapeƱos for YEARS and it's also earned our family hall of fame. :)

Michelle said...

Oooh, that does look good. I will just have to work out the substitution for the chicken base as it is a product we don't have in Australia. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, much appreciated!

Sew Anyway said...

Thanks for the link. It is getting too hot for soup around here, but I want to try it out come fall. Tomato soup is one of my favorites. Thanks! - Kathy

Anonymous said...

I have never tried a PW recipe, but they all look so good! Thanks for sharing!