Saturday, June 27, 2009

Overcoming Worry


The following is a prayer taken from Scripture. Following are the Scripture References. If you have issues with worry....take these Scriptures and make use of them just as faithful as you would a prescription of medicine, and watch God's Word build faith in you and work in your life.

Then when you see God working in your life, and His Word doing it's work for you, don't forget to be thankful and give Him Glory for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesus said in His Word to not worry or have any anxiety about anything. He said to not take any thought or be concerned about any circumstance in my life. I cast my care, concern, and worry on the Lord.

I refuse to worry or be fearful. I put my trust and confidence in God. God will take care of me, because I know He loves me. I thank God for His presence and peace in my life. Jesus said not to let my heart be troubled or afraid, but to keep my mind focused on Him, knowing He will never leave me or forsake me.

God's Word says that the afflictions of the righteous are many but He will deliver them out of them all. I will keep looking to God and not worry or be in fear about the circumstances of my life.

God said that in the world I would have tribulation, but He told me to be of good cheer because He has overcome the world and will help me to do the same.

God's Word says not to take any thought about the future; therefore, I refuse to worry or be anxious concerning my future. I put my future in God's hands, and I know He will take care of me.

God's Word says that all things work together for good to those who love Him. I recognize that I can't do anything to change my circumstances by worrying, except to make them worse. What satan has meant for evil, God will turn for good. I am free from worry, and I have victory in Jesus' name.

Scripture References:
Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God

I Peter 5:7
casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Philippians 4:7
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

No comments: