Monday, September 8, 2008

Feelings, Reason and Conscience.




Feelings are the voice of the body.
Reason is the voice of the soul (mind, intellect, seat of our emotions)
Conscience is the voice of our spirit.

In John 10:1-6 we're told that WE hear God's voice, and that he calls his own sheep by name and lead them.

John 10:27 tells us:
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

We, as Believers, have already been told that we KNOW His voice. All we have to do now is to become intimately familiar with it. We do that by spending time in His Word and time sitting before Him listening to our "middle" for what He is saying to us.

I've seen the Body of Christ RESPOND to the Lord at any given time and in fellowship, but she needs to be LED BY HIM - deliberately and on purpose, follow His direction.

Father, I ask YOU to HELP US to know the difference between the voice of our mind, the voice of our body and the voice of our spirit...where YOU abide, and to be LED BY YOU, in Jesus' Name.

No comments: