Monday, November 17, 2008

Got a Mess You Can't Fix?


Remember over in Psalm 51 God tells us:
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.


12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.
14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
The God of my salvation,
And my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.
15 O Lord, open my lips,
And my mouth shall show forth Your praise.
16 For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;
You do not delight in burnt offering.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart—
These, O God, You will not despise.

satan hates every one of us so. I don't even want to acknowledge him with proper grammar, to capitalize the "s" in his name. There's NOTHING proper about him. LOL

he knows that if he can create shame within us, and put distance between us and the Lord, he's got a strong hold. he's not a "creator", but he can steal what is not his and pervert it and attempt to destroy any confidence we have in God and His Word.

he will YELL in our face every threat that he knows will bring fear to our heart and soul....hummmm, remember when the giant put fear into the army of God, and David knew that GOD could bring down that bag of wind? LOL I LOVE being reminded of that story. Here the soldiers that had been trained in battle were shaking in their boots, and this snot nosed kid came along that had seen God HELP HIM before and David had enough of God's insight and was led by His Spirit to deliver Israels army from the threats Goliath was breathing down their necks.

Goliath HAD set the battle in order....but David came along and SET THE BATTLE IN ORDER.
In one of the Kings, God told Jehoshaphat to set the battle in order.
That's what we've all got to do....and the first place we start is with us....just making sure that things are right between us and God. Right? Then binding up satan and dealing with him and his cohorts, and then giving "it" to God and lend ourselves to His Spirit to be led by Him.

That then brings confidence to our own heart that we can come boldly before the Lord with our petitions and lay it all (whatever "it" is) before the Lord upon His altar and allow God to deal with what ONLY HE CAN. You know, we can try to put a flesh hand to things we see in front of us, but our flesh hand will not bring the results that ONLY God can.

I've seen God time after time.....unfortunately sometimes after I'd laid my own hands to situations and seen what a sorry mess I'd made of things.... God would step right in, at my invitation, and do what ONLY HE COULD. Without my input, without any suggestion from me, just me crying out to Him with a humble heart asking Him to HELP ME. LOL LOL

OH GOD, HELP US!!!!

I ask You Lord, to HELP US. Help us to look to You, the author and finisher of our faith. HELP US to submit not only our hearts, but our LIVES to You and Your DELIVERANCE and SAFE KEEPING. HELP US to trust you with not only every small thing that comes our way, but with every BIG thing that is presented to us. God we choose not to have fear, it is a spirit. You told us that in Timothy, that You'd not given us a "spirit of fear". We choose to TRUST YOU with ALL OF IT. Your ear is not deaf and Your arm is not short. LOL LOL Oh Father, I humble my heart before You and put myself upon Your altar, I am yours, and only YOU can fix any mess that the devil wants to use against me, in Jesus' Name.

3 comments:

DonnaMarie said...

AMEN! Good Word. Thank you.

Sharon said...

God, HELP US!!!!

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

Thanks so much, Sharon! The post has fired me up, again!