Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"Tag" You're It!


There have been a few bloggers that I read that has let it be known that whoever reads their blog are to consider themselves "tagged"...and I've just read one that did not know who to tag...so I consider myself being tapped on my virtual shoulder in this internet game of tag.

This "being tagged" thing, is to make known six things that are not widely known about yourself, to better acquaint ourselves with one another.

#1. I was a young bride at 18 years old, to the only love of my life. We were married in January and I gave birth to our first child in November of the same year. So I was married and a mother within ten months. She was an only child for five years. Over the years, when disclosing that the year of my marriage and the year of our firstborn is the same, it has brought pause to some. :) I'd always wanted twelve children, but we had only nine. We have 8 children living, and one in heaven. Our children are between the ages of 37 and 17.

#2. I have a thing about things going "clockwise"....it MUST be "clockwise", whether it be a game we're playing, and turns must precede clockwise, or arranging decor in my house, the eye must travel "clockwise". The only time I don't make use of "clockwise" is when I'm cleaning windows, or scrubbing. Then and probably ONLY then do I make use of "counter-clockwise".

#3. I special order toothpicks. :) I do not like toothpicks that are handled by ANYONE. When they sit inside a holder they are also exposed to dust. :) I order mint flavored, plastic covered toothpicks by the thousands, because that's when they are cheaper, I also carry them in my pocketbook. Weird, I know, but I use toothpicks all the time. Please love me anyway! :)

#4. I have lived from coast to coast in our lovely country, and many places in between. We have lived in Los Angeles, and also in the Washington D.C. area. I AM NOT A CITY DWELLER. They are nice places to visit, but I've been thankful that we live in "small town" USA. We live about equidistant to Wichita Kansas, Pueblo Colorado, and Amarillo Texas. Can go shopping at any one of those nice places and it makes me quite happy NOT to live in or around any one of them or those cities like them.

#5. One of our daughters married name is "Blankenship". I have found 163 words from that name. Can you find more? :)

#6. We have ten wonderful Grandchildren. I've been present at the birth of 8 of them. (One I could not be there because we had a VERY ILL young son, and the other because we got caught in a snow storm getting there.) I have also been birthing coaches to young single women. If I would have ever chosen a profession outside of my home, it would have been in some O.B. ward helping babies be born. LIFE!!! LIFE!!! LIFE!!!!!

Nor do I know who to tag, but you may consider yourself "tagged" if you've read this post.

Feeling a bit exposed...but I've enjoyed reading others that have been "tagged" and it's been fun.

5 comments:

Renna said...

Very interesting, Sharon!

The clockwise thing sounds a little borderline OCD, but who am I to say (having a few of those tendencies myself)? ;-Þ

Sharon said...

Yes, those have been my thoughts over the years too, Renna. LOL
Soooooo, when I take out a board game, I'm just sure to get it started RIGHT, eh? LOL If someone beats me to it, I just sit by and clinch my teeth. LOL LOL
I don't know....would leaving it "unattended" still qualify as OCD? LOL

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

I enjoyed reading more about you! Very interesting!

Having OCD tendencies is much better than full-blown problems. You are able to sit by and not have a melt-down. When your tendencies cross over into someone else's world and makes them uncomfortable, then it needs to be addressed. At least that's what we've been told. ;-)

Sharon said...

That's good to know Marilyn. :)
I've just figured, over the years, that I'll not be HAD, even if I don't see it done "RIGHT!".

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Very interesting!! I've loved reading these posts!

I also would have loved to work in an OB ward, Sharon! That and be a sign language interpreter. I had forgotten until you mentioned it. :o)