Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The paths of our feet.



My husband travels a lot with his work. He's detailed away more often than not, and is usually gone a week at a time, home on weekends. Occasionally he'll be gone for two weeks at a time, but not usually. He's a government employee.

Occasionally I will travel with him for a few days or sometime the whole week. I'll take a project I might be working on to keep me busy during the day/or night, depending on when he's working. I need to take my own car, as his gov. vehicle is not insured for any of his family to ride in it. If there's good shopping in the town he's in, I'll enjoy that also. We usually have one very nice meal out each day and catch up on what's going on with the family...as we seldom have much time to TALK!!! :)

Last weekend, we talked about me going along with, and it sounded cool....I could be away for a few days and dash home in time to take a couple of our children to the dentist office in a nearby community. They are having all their wisdom teeth removed. Ugh!!!

Well, Monday morning, my husband was loading up his car and made mention that I was not doing the same....and needed to get packed so we could hit the road. I was sitting here at our dining room table, just NOT IN GEAR. Finally, I told the Lord, that I'd not deferred to Him about this trip, and asked Him if I should be going on this trip. I immediately heard the word "No" in my spirit. I stopped, cocked my head and said, "Really?" Then smiled and went on my way NOT going on the trip. Very soon I began hearing the lyrics to an old song .... that can be found here.... by the Isley Brothers. OLD song. Anyway, the only thing God brought to me was all the "no's". Isn't that a HOOT???!!! He has such a sense of humor and can be SO FUNNY!!!

We need to be careful ALL the time what path our feet are on, and NOT to assume that if it's OK with us, it's OK with God. Right? LOL

Father I thank You for HELPING US, to ask, seek and knock. Help us NOT to assume anything from you. Help us to submit our WHOLE LIVES to YOU, Lord, so we will not be snared by our enemy. Thank You for helping us to stay on the paths that YOU have for us, and not to look to the right nor to the left, and know that this is where we are made safe by You. What we WANT or have PLANNED is never important in the light of Your will. Thank You for helping us to remember to look to You, even with things that seem quite trivial. In Jesus' Name.

3 comments:

DonnaMarie said...

That IS a hoot! I'm sure you will be blessed for staying home and obeying.

Good reminder for me seek him in the little things too. :)

Renna said...

It's so easy to make our own plans, then ask God to bless them; when we should be seeking and following His plan, then we know we'll be blessed! :-)

Sharon said...

Yes, I was, Donna. Don't know what I avoided or gained by remaining home, but it was a GREAT week nonetheless.
Thank God for HELPING US!
Renna, God cannot bless a mess, right? :)