Monday, July 21, 2008

Throne Time.



I read something this weekend that impressed me.

There was an article in a newsletter that had a guest writer, Jesse Duplantis, and in his article I found this:

During one of my throne sessions with God, I asked Him, "Why do you give Yourself so many names?"
He said, I'm very big.
I wanted more so I asked, "Can You explain that further"
He said, I have many facets that the human brain cannot understand and the way I get to them is through words. That way, My children can get a concept of Me
because most of them never visit Me; they just visit My house.

That was a thought I'd not heard before. Most of God's people never visit Him, they just visit His house.

Many of us, out of tradition, or a decision to not forsake a worship day because that was God's instructions, we attend God's House, for corporate worship and teaching/instruction...learning about God That is school time. Learning about God so we can do His will, His commandments and His statues here on earth. Throne time is not church time. Often, people mistakenly think just because they went to church or attended a special meeting they spent quality time with God. No, they spent time with a teacher of God -- not one-on-one time with God Himself. We can feel God's presence in a church service, and I hope you do. You may run and holler and shout in church, but that still doesn't qualify as throne time.

Throne time is not designed for us to have a prayer meeting. It's going to the throne room to visit with God. He likes that, He reveals answers to questions in our heart and mind. Church time is where we are educated in the things of God to complete the mission of God. Throne time, on the other hand, is just us hanging out with God, talking about whatever the two of us decide to discuss.

Spiritual truths must be spiritually discerned. We cannot intellectualize a spiritual truth. They cannot be taught to us, they must come from God, He's the One that "reveals" to us.

Father, I thank YOU for HELPING US to come boldly before Your throne. Thank You for HELPING US to MAKE TIME in our days and nights to visit with you...not just rattle off a prayer list and be on our way. HELP US to get to KNOW YOU, and to gain all we're suppose to with that relationship with You! In Jesus' Name.

3 comments:

DonnaMarie said...

Wow! Your blog today is going to change me forever! Throne time! God is so good to His people. Thanks Sharon!

Sharon said...

It's something I too, will never forget. THANK GOD FOR HELPING US!!!

Renna said...

The Holy Spirit is really driving this home to me lately!