Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What a sweet visit....




My husband travels a great deal and he gets what I call frequent lodging points...where after accumulating a certain amount of points - he is able to stay a certain places without cost. Isn't that fun? :)

He had last week off and we took care of some business out of town...both in Oklahoma and here in Kansas where we were able to make use of those points. It was very nice, not to have to include lodging in the expense of a trip.

On one of those trips we went to a place to retrieve a car for his work/travel, (he's a government employee) so he doesn't have to use the wear and tear of his car here at home. We didn't want to make the trip there and back in one day, so we stayed over and had a relaxing trip both coming and going.

On the way there we were listening to some ministry CD's that we were traveling with. They were speaking about Divine Protection that God brings to us as His own. Protection with our health, with our families....every area of our lives...and about How the Lord makes good use of His angels FOR us. I made the remark to the Lord that even though I was not "visually" aware of our angels, I was ALWAYS very much aware of their presence and will never know this side of heaven all they have really done for us. Thanking Him for ALL of His PROTECTION.

On the morning that we were to leave there was a thunder storm (I LOVE the sound of thunder - well distant thunder.) We were deciding when to be leaving because we didn't want to run into any unpleasant traveling. It got to the place where there was just some lovely VERTICAL rain, and we thought it was well to leave.

While I helped pushed our luggage cart to the lobby, to load up the cars, there was a couple there. The lady was standing facing the window. She was stately in appearance and was dressed very well. The gentleman was sitting in the chair next to her. When I cam to the lobby, she turned and looked at me, and then faced the window again. His gaze did not leave us as we left the building. All while we were loading the cars, they had come outside. It was still raining, and they were under the portico. They just stood there looking at us. As Pat and I drove out of the parking lot together, their gaze just followed us as we drove away. I told the Lord that THAT was strange! His response to me was that it wasn't strange, they were some of His angels that look after us.

That remark took me back, and then I began to chuckle, thanking Him for such a sweet visitation!

Hebrews 13:2 tells us:
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Isn't He just too sweet? :)

We as Christians don't (or shouldn't) depend on SEEING with our eyes things that the Word of God tells us about. That's why it's called a "walk of faith", isn't it? :)
But it's a pleasant surprise when the Lord brings us the unexpected. Thank God.

Father, I THANK YOU for Your Divine Protection in our lives. Thank You for HELPING US to DWELL IN THE SECRET PLACE You have for us all. Help us to walk, live, move and have our being in YOU. Thank You for Delivering us from evil, even when we do not know we are being delivered. Help us to have a thankful, greatful heart, in Jesus' Name.

5 comments:

Renna said...

That was awesome, Sharon! ;-)

Sharon said...

IT WAS!!! LOL I'm still chuckling about it. God saw my heart and did something about it. I don't suppose we will know this side of heaven HOW MANY TIMES that He's seen our HEART and done something about it... LOL eh, Renna?

HE is awesome.

DonnaMarie said...

Thanks for the encouragement! God is so good to show and tell us just what we need when we need it.

I did a dumb thing this last fall and ended up needing to walk about 4 miles alone in a not so nice neighborhood. I thanked the LORD for his protection and I know I heard him say, "No one would dare come near you because they can see the huge angels I have set on both sides of you." I couldn't see them but I just knew that anyone who would consider hurting me could see them. Phew! That was a great comfort.

Glad you and your husband had a nice get-away.

Mary Beth said...

Mom, could you send me that picture of all us kidos? :)
Mae

Sharon said...

Sure thing, Love.