Friday, June 17, 2016

Is Your Heart Big?


But Jesus called them to Him and said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. "Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
Luke 18:16, 17

My husband and I have been married 45 years, and have been blessed with eight WONDERFUL children.  Our oldest is 45 this year and our youngest is 25.  What a wonderful adventure it's been.  

When our youngest one was about 2 1/2 years old, she came to me while I was busy at my table with a book and paper work.  She blurted out, "I'm not saved!"  After hearing what she said, and gathering my wits about me, I asked her if she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart.  The look I got was priceless, like only a 2 1/2 year old can look like, the "why do you think I'm here for' kind of look.  

I proceeded telling her about who Jesus was and why He was born.  She promptly told me that she already knew all of that.

I asked her if she wanted to pray and she let me know that's why she came to me.
She prayed, and repeated after me, and when we were finished, her eyes remained closed and she breathed a deep breath saying, "Oh Mamma, now my heart is Big."

For the next few days, she would run to me from the back yard, or from her bedroom saying, "MAMMA, MAMMA, is so-and-so's heart big?"  Finally, on our way home from church one night, she woke up from a nap and asked me, for the last time, if another's heart was big.  She was then satisfied that everyone important in her life had a "Big Heart."

Is your heart big?  If this is something that you are interested in, at this time of your life, click HERE.

God Bless YOU.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an adorable story!