Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday morning ramblings

Hello Loves,

I know this finds you all well.

I'm looking out my windows and the few minutes it's been snowing we already have considerable ground cover. We've not made a snowman yet this winter, if it's moist enough, we need to consider that. :) I need to make a nice pot of chili today...would be a good day for it.
Have been keeping a nice cup of hot tea nearby - thinking of you, Aunt Lottie. lol

I phoned Joseph a while ago to see if he has to be on the road today, but he was too busy to stay on the phone. He's often pushing it down the roads all across the countryside.

Sarah just came in from outdoors looking for the cat, they didn't tuck him in last night, and it's snowing. He'll come around when he gets hungry, no doubt. She was upset, but didn't get home from work until around 8, and didn't think about him.

Jeanie is having a Pampered Chef party next week. Don't like parties anymore, you? LOL
But I do like the product and will be leaving her with an order of a couple of kitchen items that I need replaced.

Michael went to town with a lady we know so he could do some running errands for her. It's become slick and driving and walking is evidently not safe. Sounds like she needs to stay home, eh? LOL We may be homebound tonight from church if it's as bad as all that. Louis works for D.O.T. and he told Aubrey he'd not be home until late tonight.

Pat phoned this morning, and I had him looking for something for me at Wal Mart and he said he found it. We will all be very glad to have our new Wal Mart here. Don't know when ground breaking will be, but it's due to open March of '09. Pat uses their services for tires, he's on the road so much, and there's been occassion that he's had tires repaired or replaced without cost.

I spoke with Darel a few nights ago. He's sounding tired. He'd been emptying boxes for his new home. Told him that Pat and I'd be out next month for a visit. It'll be good to lay eyes on him.

I asked Sarah how she's enjoying her job at the library. She said that it's been good, and this week they are removing all the books and dusting the shelves and each book. Gee, that sounds interesting, doens't it? LOTTA BOOKS to dust. LOL I asked her how often the library shelves gets dusted, and she did not know, but said that those that work there when told about this weeks work all moaned. So it's not something that is looked forward to I suppose.

Our little Pizza Hut is going to be replaced with a new one. That's interesting. It's going to be larger, have something called Wing Street and something else. Our little ol' town? Well, I suppose they want a face lift.

Mary Beth and Ethan were here yesterday afternoon...it was good. We kicked around, watched the boys play and while, before their nap. While Aubrey was resting, Mae took the boys to a nearby park. Later the girls went for a walk, in lieu of going to the gym. Doug was working late and that made it nice for a long visit, before she needed to go home.

It's quiet now....sounds like one of the girls laid Liam down for a nap. He came to me with his blanket a little while ago and didn't want to settle down yet, but was getting there.

Hey Heather, I've lost all of my address' on the old computer, and am rebuilding my list. Could you please send me your sister and dad's e-mail? Thanks!

There's really not news here, just dropping off a note this week, and want to share some of God's Word before I close here....

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.

2 Corinthians 10:5
casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ


Father, in Jesus' name, I dedicate myself to renewing my mind by reading, meditating, and speaking Your Word. Lord, it is my desire to keep my mind pure and clear from anything that would hurt and or damage my relationship with You. Your Word says to think on things that are pure, lovely, just, of a good report, and of virtue and praise.

You said in Your Word to take every thought captive. I choose to think about good things, and I refuse thoughts that are inappropriate for Your children. Lord, when I am tempted to doubt, worry, or fear, help me to speak Your promises, to overcome the attacks on my mind with answers from Your Word. Lord, let me be quick to respond to wrong thoughts and desires by replacing them with proper thoughts.

I refuse to fill my mind with the poison of gossip, backbiting, and jealousy. I make a quality decision to meditate on Your Word and to keep my mind pure and honest that I might be receptive to Your voice and ever ready to do Your will. Lord, I know that with Your help, I can win the battle in my mind and overcome every wrong thought with the power of the spoken Word.

I choose to consecrate my mind, my will, and my emotions to You, Lord, for Your service. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Sending Love to You All,
xoxoxo
Sharon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
I'm so glad you shared your blog. Thanks for the encouraging words from the Word. :)
I also want to say that you have an absolutely beautiful family!

God bless you!
Charlene (Swappie Cha)

Sharon said...

Cha,
You are most welcome, Dear Heart.
Thank God for His Word, because it always encourages.
LOL LOL The Beautiful family was God's idea also. But thank you for your very kind words, indeed.
God's Blessings to us usually rank in the "breathtaking" catagory, don't they? LOL

God Bless You, Darlin'
Sharon