Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Avoiding Traps Of hell



I've been up since very early this morning, praising God, remembering that the family is still in bed asleep, I've tried to keep it down. :) Aren't there times that your heart gets so full that you've gotta just offer Him praise?



Joseph has been spending his evenings working on putting that engine into his Jeep. Last night he came home to say he had to make a purchase before he could go further with it. A chum of his is helping him ocassionally, it's been good company for him and gives him someone to bounce off ideas while he's navigating through this project.

Pat phoned last night to say that he'd found a repair manuel for his car on e-bay and wanted me to make the purchase. It's a manuel on a few CD's. I don't know, I just have something about having a BOOK in my hand when I'm learning something. Who wants to be dependent upon having to have a computer with you while making car repairs? LOL Told him I'd take care of the transaction. He's been sent away again this week with his work, as he has been much of this last year. Next month he's putting papers in to see if he can be sent back to the facility where he'd worked for about 15-20 years. The adventure of traveling has long lost it's luster for him. :)

Kept Sarah home last night from work at the library, she's gettin' well and thought that I was over reacting to this, because she "felt alright". Don't know...just seems that I've been Mama long enough to know that a fever is a good indication to take measures. Would you agree? Good Grief!!! :) She has a preferance to Puff tissues with moisturizers in the paper, to be soft for the nose. She came home from the market with one of her siblings to show me that along with the purchase I sent out for, she had two boxes of tissue - her kind of tissue - at the price of $2.40ish a box for her nose. I quietly reminded her that I didn't pay that much for tissue, ever...and would appreciate her remembering that. Just think that $5.00 for two boxes of tissue is a little much, don't you? LOL LOL

Aubrey, Louis and Liam came home last night from their trip to Oklahoma, visiting their family. It's been quiet around here without that little guy. Mary Beth has brought Ethan over the last couple of days for us to watch (enjoy!!!) while she's been helping with the indoor painting of the new local crises pregnancy center. She's enjoyed volunteering there. I believe it to be an unexpected pleasure for her. If she should happen to bring him by again today, Liam will enjoy his company too.

Aubs came home excited about a product she's been interested in for a long time. What is it? Arbonne, I believe. She's glad to find cosmetics that are, if I remember correctly - free of chemicals, they're basically herbal. She was so glad to bring me home some samples to use. Her mother-in-law and sister-in-law are representatives and brought home some fun stuff. Some of it was "anti-aging" products. LOL LOL I'd always figured I'd grow old gracefully, I suppose she thinks this will be a plus in that department. :)

Emily went over to our pastors home to help her yesterday to do some major cleaning. It came about 9:00 last night and she'd not come home, the gals had crashed and Emma was just going to keep Ms. Alma company for the evening and we'll be seeing her today sometime.

When Mary Beth finished painting for the afternoon, she'd brought a sweet movie that I enjoyed. Don't like much of what is produced for consumption these days...and is a shame that it's called "entertainment", but this one is SWEET. I'd recommend it, if you've not already seen it. It's called "Sarah Cane" I believe. An endearing movie, and worth your time to view.

There's another video that we've watched again this week, it was a powerful reminder to my heart. Called "Close Encounter of the God Kind" by Jesse Duplantis. If you don't see another movie all year long, this you need. He recalls the time that he was transported to Heaven and a summery of what transpired there. It's a powerful message and one that we all need to hear. JESUS IS COMING.

Michael wants to go to the pool this morning early to do laps for a while. I really like it when the kids go with a sibling, have just never gotten away from a "buddy system". After all these years. LOL Pat works nights, and he will often go with Michael when he's home. I bought 1/2 a years worth of membership for the family, didn't want to pay for a whole year until I saw how much it would actually be used. Sometimes Joseph and Louis will go down together before they have to be at work in the morning. I want our money's worth out of this thing.

Joseph and I have talked over this last year about building a small aviary for Emily's little Abigail. For those of you who don't know who she is, Emma's kept company, for about 8 years, with a colorful, obnoxious cockatiel. Emma dotes over this little critter so, and Abby knows that Emily is REALLY the ONLY one in this house that LOVES her. LOL

Emily has a "summer house" for Abby so she can take her outside enjoy nice warm days. Her home is a LARGE cage that she occupies in our family room. We've spoken of making a small area, probably over one of our small evergreen bushes, enclosed so Abigail would have a bit of freedom that she's never known before. It would mean keeping the bush trimmed back, but the gal has lived indoors all her life and would enjoy a bit of room outdoors where she could interact with the locals, and even gather some of her own food, you think? LOL Joseph was speaking again with me yesterday about wanting to pull that together for Emma. Her birthday is in June, but it'd be nice if it could be realized during the Spring time. He's got a project of putting his Jeep back together right now, so it's not something that will be tackled any time soon.

Emily has long been the bird enthusiast in our home. She enjoys feeding what population she can, but that will often draw those NASTY grackels. Don't you HATE them. Well, I don't use that word often, but they do discribe how I feel about those destructive creatures. I know God created them, but I believe they are possessed. I've found a bird feeder that will not allow squirrels or grackels to pilfer the stash. Where DO folks come up with such ideas? LOL Well, the weight of the larger creatures will not allow the food to be dispensed, and it works on some kind of spring mechanism. A friend of mine in Texas makes use of one, and while I was doing some research, saw that they were not too costly. There is even a "heated" bird bath for the serious bird watcher, but I don't think I'll provide a spa in our yard just yet. LOL

I like this new graphic I found, just below. Have decided that I will use it as a bar just before I share some of God's Word in each of my posts.



While I was reading this morning in a devotional there was a "Thought for Today" at the end of the page. It says: Jesus is interceeding for us to keep us right, holy, ready, mighty, and filled with Himself so that we might bring the fragrance of heaven to the world's needs.

This devotional is comprised of sermons taken from Smith Wigglesworth. I believe he's probably my favorite patriarch...along with John G. Lake. I always enjoy reading about these men. They walked in great faith, in the power of God's Word and unashamed of whatEVER Jesus called them to do. They were DEAD to themselves, and the Lord was able to work mighty things through their lives.

There is MUCH that pulls at our lives to influence us ouside of God's Word, and the paths that He has for us. We've all been "baited" to take paths that are not intended for us, or to neglect fellowship with the Lord, and His Word, and to make it an integral part of our lives. It is refreshing to know that even Jesus is interceeding for us while we are here....so we are kept right, holy, ready and mightily filled with His Spirit to be His hands, feet, mouth, ears and eyes on this planet.

Father, Thank You that Jesus is not finished minstering to us, even now. Thank YOU that You help us to walk in the paths of holiness where there is great protection for us all. Help us not to fritter away our days and nights and that our lives be spent for YOUR plans. Help us to illude the traps of the devil to distract us from Your purposes in our lives. God, the only safe place in this planet is in Your Secret Place, and under Your Shadow. Help us to dwell there, Lord, knowing that not only is there SAFETY, but sweet communtion with YOU. Help us to be hungry and thirsty for this. In the Name of Jesus.

2 comments:

Renna said...

Yea, you got a squirrel-proof birdfeeder! :-)

As to grackles, I used to be annoyed by them, and still do get frustrated when they deplete feeders quicker than I can fill them. That said, the most enjoyable bird I ever rescued and raised was a common grackle. Talk about personality!

Dillybird, as I named him, was an absolute hoot! Whenever hubby or I would water the lawn, he'd hop onto the end of the hose and try and drink out of it. If a neighbor came over to visit, he'd hop on my shoulder and start screeching so loud that we couldn't even visit. He'd stop as soon as the neighbor left, just like a kid demanding his mother's attention. We had so much fun rearing that little bird. Hubby and I even grieved a little once he left the "nest" (our home). He did come back and visit us a few times before leaving for good. Not a postcard since then, though. ;-)

Thank you for the reminder that Jesus is our intercessor. That is such a comfort!

Sharon said...

Yes, you inspired me with your pictures and subsequent information about it afterwards. It will be fun. Emily is pleased.
We have the perfect place for it. There's too much wind to leave it hanging. It will have to be attached, and so it will be near our deck.

You raised a grackle!!!??? You are funny Girl!!! Here I am Pleading the Blood of Jesus against them and YOU are raising them. LOL LOL LOL It seems you may think of me as a heartless cur.

They destroy my trees, make an awful mess on my deck and come in droves....by the dozens and dozens at a time. Like we're under seige!!! LOL

I don't remember them while growing up. Have they migrated here from someplace else?

YES JESUS still ministering to us!!! Thank God!!!