Friday, January 25, 2008

Perfection




Isn't this fellow just the sweetest thing? Just perfect. I have nine others just like him, 10 perfect grandchildren. His name is Liam.

I've raised eight children, and to this day they are all, the best they know how, walking with the Lord. Sometimes they think they know more than they do, but that's alright, they're still growing up, eh? LOL Most importantly, they are still gaining ground in their walk with the Lord....that is a work that takes a lifetime.

While visiting with one of our daughters late last night, we prayed and agreed on God's Word and tore down strongholds in her life/home and took great pleasure in letting the devil know that he has lost, and all he has to look forward to is the Lake of Fire. I was reminded about how perfect she is, how perfect all of our children are....they just don't know it. :)

God was reminding me that we are perfect. I want to look through His eyes. He gets to help us make smooth the rough edges in our lives, but He has not Created anything or anyone in vain, knows JUST what He had in mind for us from the foundation of the Earth, and wants us to GET THE BIG PICTURE with Him so we can get along with the plans He has for us.

I have a friend in Texas, that enjoys knitting and she made a post on her blog about a piece she was knitting and it did not turn out to her liking. She was advised to take it apart and redo it, and then she remembered her mothers words that if there is anything worth doing it's worth doing right. :) Have been chewing on that post.

God believes that about us also. He has great confidence in what He's put inside each of us, and even if He needs to bring correction to undo what we've done or allowed in our lives - no matter how it comes - He knows the worth of the building He invested in us - He's planted seeds of GREATNESS in each of us. I WANT to see what HE ALREADY SEES.

In His Word, He's called us the planting of the Lord. He knows how to weed His garden and prune our lives. I'm convinced that none of us know how much God loves us, or the quality of Love that He's extended towards us, quite often we've not had a good example. If we did, we'd readily hop into His Word and onto His lap, love on HIm.... get down and jump for JOY, and stay in that JOY for the rest of our lives.

God is looking for fellowship, looking for friends, and it's not until we understand His heart and Love that we will come into that Fellowship and Friendship with Him.

I have eight wonderful children and ten wonderful Grandchildren and they are all the planting of the Lord. They have seeds of Greatness that God is growing inside each of them. He wants them to see how perfect they are.

I thank You Father that we ARE YOUR PLANTING. Thank you that You know how to bring us into Your likeness. Thank You that Your Son Jesus brought us the power to live an overcoming life. Thank You that You are PERFECTING us, that everything You designed for us to be, we walk right into it through the finished Work of Jesus, by Listening and Doing all You've declared to us in Your Word. I receive Your Love towards me. I receive Your Plans and Purposes for me. I receive Your power through me to get done all Your Good Pleasure. You are the Potter and I am the clay. I submit to, and receive the design that You have ordained in my life, in Jesus' Name.

2 comments:

Renna said...

Sharon, I can't see the picture, but I've no doubt it's a beautiful grandchild, considering how gorgeous your eight kiddo's all are!

I knew there was a spiritual lesson to be learned in my little knitting faux pas. I just hadn't taken time to let the Lord give it to me. I'm thankful that you did! ;-)

I love reading your blog. I'd just as soon read what you have to say about our Father and our life with Him than any book in my bookshelf. You are a talented writer!

Sharon said...

Oh, Renna Gayle....what kind words. I'd almost say it's because you love me...but I know that you don't mince words.

Thanks Darlin'.

By the way....you should stop by and see Liam. LOL

xooxoxoxox