Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tree Planted By The Water



I found a picture that resembles the title of this blog. Thought I'd shed some light as to why it's named the way it is.

Over in Psalm 1:1-3 we're told:
1 Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.


This passage is not speaking of arrogance. It's about right standing, decisions, a way of life.

In Matthew 6:33 we're told:
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.

For people who are really intent on pleasing the Lord this is a pivitol passage. Seeking first. When we are focused on seeking Him first, our A1 time will not be spent with people that are outside of the Kingdom of God. It's not that we won't have dealings with them, but they are not our primary companions.

Verse 1 tells us....
---Not to take advice from ungodly people. Well, they don't have God's wisdom, and that is what we need.

---Not to be in a standing attitude, or become a servant to in the ways that ungodly people live, or to remain in the paths of the ungodly. According to the Hebrew translation.

---Not to sit in the seat of the scornful. Not to dwell there. The only place we're suppose to dwell is in the Secret Place of the Most High.

While our DELIGHT is in the Lord and His Word and Ways He has for us THEN

We shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water.
Our part of the country is quite arid, and we don't have the moisture it takes to be kind to what grows. I know of a man in the southern part of Texas that as he planted trees, right next to it he also "planted" some PCV pipe so he could get water to the roots of the tree, and it would flourish, and he had the most beautiful trees in that part of the country. We've all seen how foilage flourishes when they are growing near a resource of water.

That brings forth its fruit in its season,
It's disappointing when we've planted something that is suppose to bless us with what it produces, and it does not. That's how our lives need to be.

Whose leaf also shall not wither
If the leaf does not show up, the fruit of that tree will not either.

And whatever he does shall prosper
Over in III John 2 we're told.....
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

This is always the Lords intention for us...He said above all things that's what He wants.

When we take this entire passage into consideration, I WANT WHAT GOD WANTS.
The wisdom that His Word offers us, when we make use of it, will yield a great fruit in our lives....and I take great comfort in knowing that I really am the planting of the Lord, and He's planted me by the Water, and as a result, I do and will bear a lot of fruit. My life has meaning, I'm doing what I'm created to do, bear the fruit that God intended, and making a difference in not only my own life, but those around me.

This is what I decree over myself, my husband, my children, my grandchildren and my church family.

Father, I thank YOU that we are disciples taught of You, obedient to Your will, and GREAT is our peace and undisturbed composure. I thank You, that we put You first in our lives, living to please You, and as we do we are Trees Planted by the Water, and we bear Your fruit, and whatever we do shall prosper. We have Your peace that surpasses even our own understanding, and our hearts are satisfied. When our hearts are not satisfied, we will always reach for the bitter thing and call it sweet. Thank You Lord, for not leaving us an unfinished work, and working in and through us to will and to do of Your good pleasure. In the Name of Your Son Jesus.

2 comments:

Renna said...

I love the way you share God's Word, Sharon!

Sharon said...

Renna, that's kind of you to say.
We need the encouragement of God's Word to help us along our way, don't we?