Saturday, February 2, 2008

I'm One of God's Favorites.




This is a FUN picture that only a few can really appreciate! LOL It was taken over 40 years ago on my Grandparents staircase. Of course it was during the CHRISTmas holiday. Don't remember the EXACT year, but I do remember that the skirt and top was mine after the death of my Daddy. A guestament would be around 1966.

This is of my brother, myself, and all the cousins from my Mothers side of the family. Grandmas house was always a haven for me personally. Well, it really wasn't the house, but everything that my Grandmother made it for us. She was such a Honey.



This picture was taken about 40 + years later. It's our oldest daughter Jeanie, sliding down the stairway with our oldest granddaughter Jacqueline just behind. Isn't that fun?
We'd gone there for a visit about a year ago to see the old family place as it had been sold, and my Uncle Vernon was preparing for an auction of farm equipment. They had already moved to Texas, and with this visit I brought dinner and ALL of our family went out to see Uncle Vernon and to hang out for the day, one last time.

While I was occupied in another part of the house, the girls gathered all of our grandchildren on the SAME stairway for a quick picture of them all and had it produced and framed for my Mother's Day gift that year. It sits in our living room.



They had a good idea didn't they? Was thoughtful and they were careful to make it a surprise gift to me.

The picture below, is a place just South of the farm house - roughly 1/4 mile. It's a small quarry where, for many many years, family and friends from far and wide would carve their initials and witty sentiments into the stone. I believe it is mostly limestone. I wish I'd had the forethought to bring part of it home. It would have been a very special addition to my small rock garden.



There's just something about seeing our own names, isn't it? Be it on stationary, certificates, business cards, engraved on a precious piece of jewelry, on a newborns cup, bronzed baby shoes....even in an OLD piece of rock from years gone by.

While seeing this picture and all it means to me, personally, I was remembering a Scripture that says God had placed the names of all of His own on His hand. He's written our names on His hand. His thoughts are toward each of us. His LOVE for us is full to overflowing and He expressed adoration by writing OUR NAME on Himself.

Now I cannot begin to equate this to a young person or soldier going into a tatoo parlor to have the most recent "love" inked upon their body parts. There is nothing Divine with this. ;)

The Creator of Heaven and Earth, the One Who knitted us together in our mothers' belly, and invested the Life of His Son Jesus into us, so God could buy back His family from the clutches of His enemy, satan. This God is so passionately in Love with His Family that He's placed our names on His hand.

I don't understand all that, but it warms my heart. Don't think we understand the magnitude of God's Love towards us, but I WANT to. It causes me to feel giddy, like a child, sheer delight in knowing that I'm ONE of God's favorites.

3 comments:

Renna said...

Isn't it neat that sibling rivalry holds no place in the family of God? With His omnipotent love for us, none need worry that God loves another more.

My husband likes to say "God carries his picture in His billfold". :-)

Sharon said...

Yes it is.

You know, since God goes so far as to put our names on His hand, if He should happen ever to have a wallet, He'd be the One to know how to fit us all in there too. LOL

Renna said...

I love the picture at the top! It wasn't showing up for me before. :-)