Monday, February 11, 2008

Is It Spring Yet?

 


One of the girls showed me a picture on her laptop and it caught my eye, it was pleasing to see, then I recognized it.
It's a heating stove, of days gone by, sitting at the end of our front porch with a vine growing around it. The vine wasn't in bloom, or I don't see any in the picture...is it called Clementis? Seems like. The blossoms always look so perfect.

Have been looking at a few things I've considered planting this Spring. I really want some heather, and have been looking for the right place to put some.

Do any of you plant veggie or flower beds in the Spring?

Last year I planted tomatoe and pepper plants in my LITTLE place in the southeast corner of the back yard. I was away for a time while we had three digit temperatures, and when I came back I found them all DEAD. Nobody had pity on them to offer them a drink while I was away. ARGH!!! This year I want to plant some tomatoe plants and peppers and lettuce. It's not much, but will contribute to our table during the season, and hopefully put a few items in the freezer.

Thought about putting carrots around the evergreen bushes....we have a LOT of those, but the carrots would make a colorful border around the yard, you think? :)

While I think about all these SEEDS for the garden and yard, I'm reminded about the SEEDS in our lives that we plant EVERY SINGLE DAY. They are planted, and will grow for sure, but are they seeds that will compliment our lives and bring a sweet fragrance to folks around us?

The Word of God says:
Genesis 8:22
While the earth remains seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

We have seedtime and harvest in our LIVES and I ask God to help us to plant the right SEED in our lives. His Word.

In Isaiah 55:11 we're told:
So shall My Word be that goes forth out of My mouth, it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing where I send it.

Thank You Lord for helping US to plant Your Word in our lives and those around us. Help us to remember that Heaven and Earth will really pass away, but Your Word will NEVER. Your Word is a wise investment in our lives, help us to sow it all the days of our lives...EVERY DAY, so we can enjoy it's fruit and we will not be ashamed of our Hope in YOU Lord. Thank You, in Jesus' Name.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: