Monday, February 25, 2008

THROUGH

 


What a CUTE picture!!!
This is my brother and I, circa 1957 or 1958.

I get to go visit him this week...haven't seen him in a very LONG time. Am just about beside myself. He's just moved to about 5 hours from here, to Colorado from WAY UP MONTANA WAY. Can't wait to lay eyes on him.
The kids have to work and cannot come. Pat's got a few more days off this week and is returning home from back East tomorrow. He and I will be traveling together. Almost left without him this weekend because I'm antsy and I can hit the road by myself ANYTIME!!

His name is Darel and stands about 6'5". Even though he towers above me, he'll always be my little brother! :)
About the time this picture was taken, he and I were flower girl and ring bearer in my Aunt Lottie and Uncle Jerry's wedding. When pictures that came back from the photographer Darel saw he and I standing side-by-side after the wedding -and began to cry saying "Sissy's bigger than me!!!" He has the same sweet heart he's always had.

I've always felt like I could shoulder about anything that comes my way, but I know that I'm not bigger than many situations that present themselves to me. The last TWO YEARS have tried to be overwhelming to me personally, and I'm thankful that God has reminded me that He's greater than it all, and that I'm GOING THROUGH THIS and will not be OVERCOME BY it. God has let us to know that we are to speak the same way HE DOES. He speaks those things that are not as though they are!!!!

There was a time a few years ago that I had my back against the wall with something else and while I was before the Lord He spoke some things to my heart and as He did, I penned them so they could encourage me whenever I would have need again, and they go like this:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THROUGH

THE WORD FOR TODAY IS THROUGH

You are GOING THROUGH

What you are GOING THROUGH is not yours.

You are not stuck WITH it.

You are not stuck IN it.

You are GOING THROUGH.

While you are listening to all the whispers from hell, all the most convincing arguments to condemn you and lie to you I want you to remember that you are GOING THROUGH.

Even in Psalm 91 we're told that we are to dwell in the Secret Place of the Most High.

A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

No actual evil will befall you, BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING THROUGH.

Your eyes are not upon where your feet are.

Your eyes are up, while you are on the wings of eagles...you can look down knowing that just as you GO THROUGH a corridor and out the other side.

The tools of hell that would discourage you, and wear at you and bring you no hope, they lie. That's all they know to do.

YOU ARE GOING THROUGH.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My prayer partner and I were at the church house tonight praying and I want you to KNOW THAT I've C-O-M-E T-H-R-O-U-G-H.
I'm THROUGH ALL OF IT. IT IS FINISHED. I'VE COME OUT THE OTHER SIDE and I AM an OVERCOMER by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB and the WORD of my testimony!!!!!

HALLELUJAH!!!! GLORY TO GOD!!!! HE IS WORTHY OF PRAISE!!!! HOLY IS THE LAMB OF GOD!!!!! GOD IS FAITHFUL!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him (satan) by the BLOOD OF THE LAMB and by the WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY, and they loved not their lives unto the death.

HALLELUJAH!!! The Word of God WORKS, ALL THE TIME.

AND everytime satan would try to bring these last two years up before me and what a TERRIBLE TIME I had....I'll decree to him OH NO.....that's not what I remember, I was DELIVERED OUT OF IT and WENT THROUGH IT by the POWER of MY MIGHTY GOD!

HALLELUJAH!!!



THANK YOU JESUS!!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Renna said...

The picture of you and Darel is adorable, Sharon! :-)

Your "Through" devotion has lifted my head many a time. ;-)

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Such a cute picture! I saw the title of your post and hoped that your devotion would be here! Everyone need it!

Sharon said...

Yes, I really enjoy having that picture. Need to copy it for my brother.

Had a great visit with him....and YES everyone of us needs to KNOW that we are GOING THROUGH!!!

Hallelujah!!!!