Thursday, February 14, 2008

Celebrating Love



Did everyone have a nice Valentines Day?
I wanted this post to reflect the date the - 15th, but am not going to stay up LATE to do that! LOL

A lady I know said that she liked to think that she and her family spread the LOVE all year long....not just to make a big to-do on ONE day a year. That's good.

Kinda like CHRISTmas, I like to celebrate CHRISTmas all year long....not just in December. LOL LOL

My husband has been detailed out of town for this week and phoned me last night to say that he was going to be traveling home to take me to a nice lunch. It was good and out of character even for him...he's becoming more thoughtful in his older age. :) We stopped on the way home to get some nice meat for the kids this evening for Valentines. It was nice. :) Aubrey made a good potato dish, Michael grilled the meat, and made veggies. Emily made a very nice carrot cake to top off a good supper. :) Actually it's a better than nice.

Carrot Cake Supreme

Prep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min. Chill: 3 hours.

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 vegetable oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated carrot
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (3 1/2 oz) can flaked coconut
1 cup choped pecans

- Grease a 9 x 13" cake dish

- Stir together first 4 ingredients. Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients. Pour batter into prepared pan.

- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

This cake is moist enough to enjoy without a frosting or glaze. But if you wish a nice Cream Cheese recipe would be a traditional choice.

We seldom make a dessert, and enjoy them primarily on special occasions. UMMMMMM carbs! :)

By the way, Lou and Chuck married today at noon, and are now in NYC on their honeymoon.

Romans 5:5
And hope makes not ashamed because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given to us.

I John 2:5
But whoever keeps HIs Word in him truly is the Love of God perfected, hereby we know that we are in Him.

Father, thank You for bringing us YOUR Love in our hearts by Your Spirit.
I ask YOU to help us to KEEP YOUR WORD...demostrating that Your Love is perfected in us. I WANT TO BE IN YOU!! I don't want to celebrate LOVE just on Valentines, birthdays, anniversaries....want to celebrate Your Love every day of my life, for all of my days, in the Name of Jesus.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

It's good to have you stop by.
Yes, a quiet "uneventful" day is always welcome here also. :)

You're welcome. I suppose I should have added that I retrieved this recipe from a Southern Living cookbook. Lots of yummies there.
:)