Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Recipe Swap Box

Photobucket

I found a blog that is sharing recipies.

This FUN starts at http://ihavetosay.typepad.com/

There you will find a number of folks sharing.


My contributions to this event is as follows:

#1 Pink Lemonade Salad - one of my Grandmothers desserts.
Ingredients:
About 40 Ritz crackers
3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1/2 stick of butter or margerine
1 - 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 - can of sweetened condenced milk
1 - 6oz can of frozen pink lemonade
A few drops of red food coloring (optional)

Directions:
--Put the crackers in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.

--Add powdered sugar and melted butter to the crackers and press them to the bottom of a 8" X 8" cake dish. Reserve a portion of the crackers to sprinkle on top of the dessert.

--After having the cream cheese at room temperature, mix it with an electric mixer until smooth with the condensed milk and lemonade, and food coloring.

--Sprinkle the reserved crackers on top and allow to chill for a couple of hours.


#2 Chicken with Duck Sauce
Ingredients are as follows:
Chicken parts of your choosing.
1 envelope of powdered onion soup mix.
1 small bottle of Catalina salad dressing.
1 small jar of apricot jam.

Directions:
--Bring out your favorite retangular cake pan, and lay the chicken parts closely together.

--Mix the powdered soup, salad dressing and jam together in a bowl, and pour over the meat, but not too liberally. Not to leave the sauce too deep on the bottom of the pan, it will not allow the meat to glaze well. If after you see you may want more sauce added during the cooking, just use your own judgment.

--Leave the dish uncovered (this will allow the sauce to glaze nicely), and place it in a 350* oven for close to an hour, or until the meat is "fallin' apart done".

--When you retrieve the meat from the oven it serves nicely atop prepared rice. After dipping the extra fat off the sauce, pour the "drippings" over the meat and rice, or serve it on the side.

This dish will be a winner, even for the hardest to please at your table! We have a granddaughter that will avoid chicken at ALL costs ...but will enjoy this dish anytime it's served.

The sauce also compliments pork and beef as well.

If you wish, there is a delightful Fruit Sherbet just below. :)


Enjoy!

11 comments:

Junie Moon said...

Thank you for sharing these delicious recipes (also the sherbet)!

Renna said...

Sharon, both dishes have my mouth watering. I am particularly anxious to try the chicken dish, as I'm always on the prowl for new ways to cook chicken!

Your lemon-aide dessert is very similar to a pie I sometimes make.

You mix together:

1 can frozen pink lemonaide
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 8oz carton Cool Whip

Add the mixed ingredients to a graham cracker pie shell and chill.

Be blessed! :-)

Christine said...

These look great, Sharon! I love the 4-ingredient chicken recipe. Thanks!

Sharon said...

Julie, I've been "seeing you" all over these recipe offerings...good to have you stop by.

Renna, graham cracker instead of Ritz, and cool whip in place of cream cheese. Hey Thanks!!!

Randi had a good idea, eh? LOL

Sharon said...

Christine, the chicken recipe is effortless. Really, and yeilds a "HAPPY BUNCH!" :)

Beck said...

I think my Grandma made that salad too - I'm so happy to see the recipe again!

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Yummy! I'm going to make those, Sharon. How great! My mouth is watering watering over the lemonade recipe. Thanks!

Sharon said...

Beck, this is rather a small recipe, and I'll usually double it for a rectangular cake pan.

Marilyn....sometimes the kids want this for their birthday cake instead of a CAKE. You're gang will be glad you made it. :)

Halfmoon Girl said...

Yum, I make a similar chicken dish, except it is with Russian dressing, minced onion (or soup mix), and whole canned cranberries). It is always a hit too. I am going to try yours.

I love your blog title- We were just reading that passage with our children the other day.

Anonymous said...

I have had lemonade pie before and I loved it. So very fresh tasting!

thanks for posting!

Sharon said...

Thanks halfmoon, I'm glad you stoped by. I also think I have on occassion used Russian dressing. Minced onion flavors EVERYTHING well. I suppose the cranberries would replace the jam. Sounds good enough to try.

Randi thanks for making it a good day. :D It's been fun.