Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fully Persuaded




Romans 4:21
And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

I've been pondering this Scripture of late.

While I've posted different articles on the power of words, and the confession of our faith in God's Word, I see that this Scripture has a lot to do with our confession. I've seen some folk not allow God's Word to do it's work in their lives...to become FULLY PERSUADED. Sometime people that have heard the preaching of faith and confession, take it and run without it being birthed into a place of them being FULLY PERSUADED....and in turn, that may put them into compromising situations.

Sometimes, when confessing God's Word to myself, in the beginning I may not feel like it's so, but I BELIEVE it because I understand the integrity of God's Word.

While I continue to confess it/decree it over whatever I'm believing for, that Word GROWS on the inside of me to the point that it's more real to me than the circumstances I am facing.

It's not long before I am fully persuaded that what God has to say about it, is Bigger than the situation I'm facing. At that time it's birthed into my own spirit...for keeps....and it's after that when I see it manifested into my life or whatever I'm standing on God's Word for.

Now it MAY be a while between the time it's birthed inside of me before I've seen it manifested, so my eyes can see it, but I'm not letting go of what has been birthed inside of me. When God's Word explodes on the inside of us, is when we know for certainty that it's ours, and it's ON IT'S WAY TO US. That's where we obtain the promises of God with patience. In the mean time, we just keep watering our faith continuing to decree God's Word, offering praise and thanksgiving for it, even before it arrives to us, not allowing the words of our mouth to destroy what is already on it's way, with unbelief.

Luke 8:15 tells us:
But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep [it], and bring forth fruit with patience.

Romans 8:25 says:
But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Father God, I ask YOU to help us all to become fully persuaded in the truths of Your Word. Help us to not only lay hold of your promises but to allow patience to have her perfect work in our lives. In Jesus' Name.

2 comments:

Renna said...

Sharon, that is very, very good!

Sharon said...

HALLELUJAH!!!!!
GLORY TO GOD!!!!