Saturday, March 22, 2008

A Personal Testimony



These are our youngest children. What a bunch of sweeties, eh? :) This picture is a few years old.

While they were yet small and one right behind the other, I had arthritis set into my knees, hands, fingers. I could not raise and lower myself from a sitting/laying position or tackle stairs without much pain. It was increasingly harder to manipulate my fingers without feeling the consequences.

I knew that my Grandma and all the other women in my family were/had/and did suffer with these symptoms. I kept hearing in my ear that it was just my turn, it's just a matter of genetics and just to buck up and get on with my life and learn to live with it.

My heart, on the other hand, cried out. NO! I had a family to raise, was in early years of my life.

I had a lot of symptoms to be saying NO! to. LOL

I called out to God, made use of His Word (WITH MY MOUTH), made use of the agreement of other believers...likeminded Believers, stood on God's Word for complete deliverance from this spirit named arthritis, and all the baggage he'd created to that point in my body.

It wasn't a day, a week, a month or even possibly within a year - plus - time....but the Word of God tells us that in patience we receive the promises of God.

We had moved out here to the Midwest, and I was sitting down in a pew at our church with one of our youngest in arms....and while I lowered myself I was astonished, and my breath was taken from me.

THERE WERE NO MORE SYMPTOMS, NO MORE PAIN in my body. I got up and down a few times, just to see the relief. It was indeed gone. I moved my hands and fingers, no pain.

I shot up out of my pew to offer praise and a testimony of what GOD HAD DONE FOR ME. I was not going to sit on that one!

It doesn't matter how l-o-n-g it takes before what we've asked God for, to manifest, does it? LOL I did keep the pressure of the Word of God upon those symptoms and kept my heart and mind refreshed and renewed to God's healing promises, calling out Him the author and FINISHER of my faith. LOL Thank God.

Everytime satan would come and whisper into my ear about my demise and that what a shame it is that I'll not be able to raise our children without agony...I asked God to remind me when those thoughts came, that it WASN'T from Him, so I could stop right then and rebuke them all, in Jesus' Name.

With all my heart, I rejoice that I do not have ANY symptoms of arthritis. Have not had for about 15 years now. Nor shall I for the rest of my life. I'm even enjoying my GRANDCHILDREN without pain... LOL HALLELUJAH!!!

God really did mean it when He told us that by the stripes of Jesus He took our sickness and disease. He meant it when He told us that by His stripes we WERE healed....and that He sent His Word to heal us and deliver us from all of our destructions.

Thank God.

Father, thank YOU for the integrity of Your Word. Thank You that YOU are trustworthy, Your Word is the beginning and end of our faith and will still be around when heaven and earth passes away. Lord, thank YOU for showing Yourself strong on our behalf. You DID tell us that You would that we all prosper and be in good health even as our souls prosper. Thank You that YOU are the SAME, yesterday, today and FOREVER. Help us to PROSPER in Your Word, in Jesus' Name.

HALLELUJAH!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful....thank you for your help today.....Kandy

Sharon said...

Oh, Kandy....there you are!!!
It was FUN!!! xoxoxo