Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mom and Pop Winens



This is a very young picture of Mr. and Mrs. David Winens. Better known to Christian circles as Mom and Pop Winens. They married in 1953, and Mrs. Winens chose to leave their own musical asparations to raise their 10 children. As their children were growing they backed them in their own endeavors.

A number of their children have made their mark in the music industry, the most widely known are CeCe and BeBe Winens.

Last night, a friend of mine phoned me to say that I needed to get plugged into TBN. She' knows that I don't generally watch that station, but said that it was worth my time last night. I was pleasently surprised. Mr. and Mrs. Winens was being interviewed and they had a lot to say that touched my heart.

They are up in years and have a very good testimony and can PRAY THE HOUSE DOWN for sure.

Some of the things that Mr. and Mrs. Winens were both testifying to was:

-Young people are not taught how to dress these days and come to the house of God dressed immodestly.
-They said that their children did not go to a childrens church to be entertained and fed, but that they all sat with their parents and heard the same gospel and got saved under the same gospel.
-Their children learned how to respect the house of God.
-Mom said that their children were not going to get to heaven by singing.
-They said that people have removed the "old landmarks", and we're warned not to.
-They were calling for holiness and sanctification in the body of Christ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've heard, in recent months, "ministers" and "evangelists" that are widely known, telling their people that folks will not get saved the same way that we did, times have changed. The old way is not going to work in these times.

These are "ministers" that are well known and have great influence among the general public and the Body of Christ.

I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now. It IS the SAME Word of God, the SAME Holy Spirit that brings conviction by the Spirit of God and there is NEVER going to be a better way to God. :)

I appreciated what Mr. and Mrs. Winans had to say. It struck chords in my heart and bore witness to my spirit. My heart cries out for holiness and sanctificaton. Setting ourselves apart unto the Lord and knowing the difference between the holy and the profane.

Father, I ask You to HELP US! Help us to distinguish between the Holy and the profane. Help us to have Your Word to quicken our hearts when we hear things that do not line up with Your Word. Help us to HONOR the instructions You've given us in Your Word, and to be LED BY YOUR SPIRIT. In the Name of Jesus.

2 comments:

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Amen! I need to see if I can find a re-run of that interview. It sounds wonderful!

Sharon said...

Marilyn, I've not looked for their archives, but I'd like to see it again myself...only saw it in part, and that was GOOD stuff.