Sunday, April 20, 2008

Are Negatives Developing?



I have a friend that has always said, "If you pray, why worry. If you worry, why pray." It's either one or the other, isn't it? :)

When we TAKE THOUGHT SAYING...remember over in Matthew 6:31 that tells us:
Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
When we take thought saying, we need to be careful what we are thinking about and what we are saying.

The enemy of our lives KNOWS the power of our words because we're made in the image of God. If he can get us to worrying about anything at all, we'll be pondering it and we'll fill ourselves up with worry and it WILL come out of our mouths. All that devil wants to do is to get us to SPEAK THE WORRY from our own mouth. If we do, then it's set in motion, and it's coming to us.

Remember the spiritual principle that brought us to JESUS to begin with. If we believe in our hearts and speak with our mouth, then we receive salvation. That's not only how we receive salvation, but EVERYTHING else as well.

It's easy to allow worry to hang around, and if we're not careful we've spent sometimes a whole day entertaining worry...and along with it negatives really ARE developed, aren't they? LOL Then it's easy to give voice to them, and set them into motion. God HELP US.

That's one of the reasons God put Philippians 4:6-8 to remind us:
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

God I renounce and cut off every thought of worry that has come to me, and that I have spoken with my mouth. Lord, you told us that You are uncompromisingly righteous and cut asunder the thick cords by which the enemy would enslave us. I thank YOU for cutting those words off by Your Spirit and I speak death to any fruit that has been produced or is BEING produced in my life from them. With Your HELP Lord, I will keep my mind stayed on You, and everything that is TRUE, honest, just, pure, lovely, every good report from YOUR WORD, anything that bears virtue and praise I will keep those things before my eyes and heart, in the Name of Jesus. Those are the things that I will fill my heart up with and speak from my mouth. I CHOOSE YOU, Lord. I CHOOSE Your ways, not my own or those of our enemy. I thank You that You make every crooked path in front of me straight, and that I have my sights set on You, in the Name of Jesus.

2 comments:

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

You're right, there is not place for worry in my life. I try to prevent it in the first place and then it pops in there. I'm getting faster in removing those thoughts!

Thanks for posting!

Sharon said...

You're welcome, Marilyn.
God HELPS US! I'm getting faster too.