Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Trust



Jeremiah 17:7
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is in the Lord.

We cannot depend upon our own ingenuity, craftiness, the dictates of our own heart, or abilities.....or "...we can work this out with a little....."...Nope.

I remember not long ago I was tossing and turning in my bed, mulling over and over what could be done about a situation that concerned me greatly. I'm one of those that goes to sleep just as soon as my head hits the pillow. After about an hour or so, I thought..."What am I doing this for?" Just told the Lord that I cast the care upon Him, it didn't belong to me and I couldn't do anything about it anyway. Reminded myself that HE GIVES HIS BELOVED SLEEP, and went to sleep straight away.

I was going over some Scriptures about TRUSTING the Lord today and here's a few I've been meditating on.

Psalm 34:8
O taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man that trusts in Him.

Blessed is a BIG word....happy, prosperous, successful, straight, right, contented fortunate and to be envied. It's original meaning is "be straight." I want to TRUST more than ever! :)

Psalm 125:1 says:
Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever.

YES LORD, I will NOT be moved and will abide forever. LORD HELP ME TRUST YOU.

Psalm 146:5

Happy is he that has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God.

There's a difference between joy and happiness. Joy comes from deep within us, from the Lord. Happiness has to do with things about us...things that help to put a spring in our step. LORD HELP ME TO TRUST YOU MORE. I want the happiness that comes from it.

Isaiah 26:3,4
Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee, because he trusts in thee.
Trusting in the Lord forever; for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.

PERFECT PEACE!!!
EVERLASTING STRENGTH!!!

Father, I desire to trust in You more than EVER!

Isaiah 30:18
And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you, for the Lord is a God of judgment; blessed are all they that wait for him.

God's graciousness, and His mercy for those that wait for Him....Lord my heart cries out for this.

Isaiah 12:2
Behold God is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid, for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song, he has also become my salvation.

Lord, a spring in my step AND a song in my
heart
!!! :)

II Chronicles 32:8

With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah, king of Judah.

Lord YOU gave Hezekiah word to tell Your people to trust YOU. YOU WILL FIGHT OUR BATTLES, thank YOU!

Proverbs 3:5,6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths.

OH GOD, I cannot direct my own paths, HELP ME TO TRUST YOU!

Psalm 55:22
Cast thy burden upon the Lord and he shall sustain you; he shall never allow the righteous to be moved.

THANK YOU LORD, I choose to trust YOU...YOU are the ONE that sustains me and not allow me to be moved!!! Hallelujah!!!

Psalm 37:3

Trust in the Lord and do good so shall you dwell in the land and truly you shall be fed.

OH YES....I'll not only have spiritual food, but I'll have food on my table!!! Thank You...I trust YOU LORD.

Psalm 115:9-11
O Israel trust in the Lord, he is their help and their shield....

OH GOD YOU'RE the ONE that HELPS and SHIELDS me. I WILL trust YOU!

Psalm 146:3-5
Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man (people) in whom there is no help.
His breath goes forth; he returned to his earth, in that day his thoughts perish
Happy is he that has the God of Jacob for his help...whose hope is in the Lord his God.

YES LORD....I will not TRUST in ANYBODY but YOU. In Jesus' Name.

Jeremiah 17:7,8

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is in the Lord
For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out it's roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but it's leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease form yielding fruit.

LORD, my hope and TRUST is in YOU....I will be nourished by You, the roots of my life in You will go deep....I'll never fear for drought because of Your provision. There will always be life in me and I'll not cease from bearing fruit.

I don't care what politicians that come and go ultimately do...my trust is in you.
I don't care how much fuel costs....my trust is in You.
I don't care how much food costs....my trust is in You.
I don't care what evil approaches me...my trust is in You and You fight my battles for me.
You're the ONE that sustains me.
You're the ONE that brings me strength.
You're the ONE that does not allow me to be moved!
You're the ONE that causes me to abide forever.
You ARE my SHIELD and HOPE.
You are the ONE that brings me happiness.
YOU direct my paths
YOU are the one that gives me a song.
YOU are the one that brings me PEACE.

Oh God, only YOU. YOU are the ONE I TRUST, in Jesus' Name. Thank You!.

No comments: