Sunday, April 6, 2008

Is There A "who" in Your Life?



In Romans 8:35 it says:
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

I've always thought that it interesting that this passage calls tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril and sword a WHO.

Tribulation will come.
Distress will come.
Persecution will come...etc etc.

They are a "who", and those "who" will park right there in our lives and attempt to separate us from God.

...it says...we're accounted as sheep for the slaughter....NO, in ALL these things we are more than conquerers through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What do we do with those "who", those demons that would bring our lives to destruction?

The Bible says not to give place to the devil, remember?

Remember Joseph, his Daddy and Mom gave him a coat that was really a fine piece and colorful. It was more than a coat...it represented his anointing.

Joseph had dreams from God, he shared them with his siblings and they were offended. When Dad showed favor to the brat and gave him the coat, that was about it! They were ticked off.
They did wrong by the boy and sold him to a caravan as a slave, that was traveling to Egypt. They lied to their Dad and told him he was killed by a wild animal.

Joseph found favor, then the boss' wife yelled "rape" and he found himself in prison, unjustly.

That boy had to forgive. Forgive his brothers, forgive his boss' wife, and stay sweet in his soul. He had to keep his faith, and the dreams God gave him, and keep his eye on God.

I'm sure he came to the place where he may have said, "I don't know where this is going, but I'm not staying here. God You didn't tell me all those things for me to rot in prison!"

Joseph didn't understand it, but he didn't quit. Out of his goodness came jealousy and deceit, but His God delivered him, and fulfilled His plan for Joseph.

When we find a "who" approaching us, we need to enter into God, the devil cannot follow us there. It's not God's will that I perish or have my head hung down.

"You're not going to park here in my life, devil, I'm not going to give you a place. I don't know where this is going, but I'm NOT staying here in this place. God is my DELIVERER!" HALLELUJAH!

I want to encourage you to KNOW that there is NOTHING that can separate you from God's Love. None of the "who" that is listed here can overcome you and I, because we are made more than conquerers, through Him that LOVED US.

Now I understand what a conquerer is, but we're told here that we're MORE than a conquerers. Man, that's like a fighter/boxer, wrestler goes into the ring and comes out a winner, and brings home the winnings to Mama. Mama is more than a conquerer.

You and I are more than conquerers.

Father, I thank YOU that YOU have made GREAT provision for all of us. You knew what we would be up against in this world and You covered every base for us all. I thank YOU for making us aware "who" our enemy is, and that Jesus already went to hell, defeated him on his own turf, with all of his minions as a witness. He was raised from the dead and brought with Him the keys of death, hell and the grave. Then delegated Your authority to the Body of Christ. THANK YOU JESUS! Thank You for HELPING US to stand in places of victory, even when it may not look like. It's a good place, dwelling in Your Secret Place, and standing on Your Word. In Jesus' Name.