Monday, April 14, 2008

We'll be saved....and OUR HOUSE.

My baby brother stands at about 6'5", is a brawny fellow with a long beard and looks like a mountain man. (Which he has been for many years.) He was here for a visit last week for a few days, and it was WONDERFUL to see him. Yesterday was his birthday. I gave him his gift while he was here...a nice old pocket watch and chain.

I was remembering the place over in Acts 16 where we are told that we shall be saved AND OUR HOUSE. That jailer, remember him? That jailer was fearful for his life when the prisoners were set free by God's Spirit. The gang witnessed to him and he received salvation, and then they said that he'd be saved AND HIS HOUSE.



We all know what it's like when there's any kind of bondage in our lives. We taste it, feel it, are burdened by it, loose sleep because of it, become ill because of it, the enemy of our lives takes no greater pleasure than get us tangled up in his web of bondage.

There's a place in God's Word that tells us that the Lord is uncompromisingly righteous and he cuts asunder the cords by which the devil would enslave us with.

Psalms 129:4 (Amplified version)
4The Lord is uncompromisingly righteous; He has cut asunder the thick cords by which the wicked enslaved us.

HALLELUJAH!!!

Sometimes when I see my brother, I'll pull his shirt collar down to my face and tell him, "I'm not going to Heaven without you, AND I'M GOING TO HEAVEN. Get things right with God."

None of us have time to mess around, and mince words and play patty-cake, do we?

WE HAVE THE PROMISE OF THE FAMILY!!!! GLORY TO GOD!!!

Father, I thank You that You've made provision so that we can come boldly before Your throne. You have given us the promise of our families...I receive that. I declare that every ungodly chain that the devil has enslaved my brother with is cut asunder, by YOU, in Jesus' Name. I call him out of darkness into Your Kingdom of Light. I decree that the blinders that has been placed over the eyes of his heart be removed and destroyed, in Jesus' Name. I call for laborers to cross his path and with the gospel...whether it's a face to face encounter, or through ANY KIND of media. I call for Divine Appointments for my brother, and that You cause him to be hungry and thirsty for YOU, Your Word and for FREEDOM from the bondage of hell. I ask You to display YOUR great Love to Him at every corner of his life. I ask You to cause Him to KNOW when he hears YOUR gospel, that it's what he's looked for all his life...and it satisfies his heart....and runs into YOUR open arms for HIM. Deliver him from evil, satisfy his heart...because when our hearts are not satisfied with YOU, we will embrace the bitter things and call it sweet. I call you out of darkness Darel, I call you saved, sanctified, filled with the Holy Spirit, free of the graveclothes of hell, and walking in the paths that GOD HAS FOR YOU, in the Name of Jesus.

6 comments:

DonnaMarie said...

AMEN! I feel like shouting "GLORY!"

Thank you for your encouragement! Love you, sister!

Sharon said...

GLORY TO GOD!!! LOL
Yes Ma'am, you are welcome. It encouraged me too!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Praying for your brother's salvation!

Sharon said...

Thank you Amy!

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Wow! I LOVED this part:

**Sometimes when I see my brother, I'll pull his shirt collar down to my face and tell him, "I'm not going to Heaven without you, AND I'M GOING TO HEAVEN. Get things right with God."**

Praying, also!

Sharon said...

Yes, and I MEAN IT TOO!!! He knows it, and just says...I know, I know, you love me. :)