Saturday, April 19, 2008

When Fear Knocks



When I saw this graphic, I remembered a place over in II Timothy 1:7 KJV that tells us:
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

While growing up, fear was very much a part of my life. Always. I was afraid of much in my life...spoke like it and lived like it.

I did not know that fear is a spirit, it's an evil spirit. God has not given us a spirit of fear. We're told what to do with evil spirits is over in James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

We are not match for any "spirit"....holy or otherwise. We cannot approach an evil spirit under our own steam, but all we have to do is to submit ourselves to GOD, turn and rebuke that foul spirit and it HAS to flee. Not because of me, not because of my good looks, intelligence, or because I said please, but because of the finished work of God's Son, Jesus. After submitting myself to God, and I turn to speak to a foul spirit, it's not seeing me, it's seeing God.

Whenever fear knocks on your door again, I ask God to remind you that this is what you can do, and it works. God's Word always works.

5 comments:

Kimmie said...

Hi Sharon;

Good reminder for all of us, fear never comes from God and you'd think that would be enough of a wake up call for us as believers to kick it out of our lives.

So much to learn!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Gerda's Garden said...

this is an excellent lesson. Fear can be crippling. I used have this at night, especially when I was having medical problems... then I started singing hymns in my head ... "God will take care of you, through everyday, o'er all the way. He will take care of you, God will take care of you"

great stuff those old hymns!! :)
gc

Renna said...

"After submitting myself to God, and I turn to speak to a foul spirit, it's not seeing me, it's seeing God"

What an excellent truth, Sharon!

Sharon said...

That's right Kimmie. Fear has many masks too, doesn't it?
Yes, Ma'am Gerda, there is some great stuff in many of those old hymns! One of my favorites is "I Have Decided To Follow Jesus...No Turning Back, No Turning Back" Another one is "It is Well With My Soul".
Thank God for HELPING US to see the places that the devil has tried to bring fear in, and to OVERCOME them with the BLOOD OF THE LAMB AND THE WORD OF OUR TESTIMONIES! :D
Praise God.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that graphic!