Wednesday, April 23, 2008

In Jesus' Name

We're instructed by Jesus to not pray to Himself. We're to pray to God, our Father, in Jesus' Name.

John 16:23, 24
tells us:
23 "And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

John 14:12-14
12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

John 15:16
16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

It's not just a now I lay me down to sleep prayer. It's approaching the Father with the Authority of Jesus' Name and ALL He accomplished for us. It's not just a "post script" or "just a nice thing to do". We're taking all the power and authority that Jesus had and that He gave to us...all the price He paid FOR US, because we could not have....it's taking everything God sent Him here to do for us and bringing it to the Father, because that was His acceptable sacrifice to Himself FOR US.

Father, I ask You to HELP US to remember the instructions that Jesus gave us about prayer. HELP US to go to YOU in prayer in the Name of Your Son, with His finished work. In the Name of Jesus. Amen

No comments: